Regional Category Lead, Sales & Promo Procurement Americas
To participate in the development of the global category strategies and lead the execution and management of comprehensive sourcing strategies for Sales and Promotions across the Americas region.
Whilst the focus on Sales and Promotions has historically been focused on CH, the opportunity in the Americas region to explore new opportunities across the entire GSK portfolio is significant, including exploring risk-sharing promotional deals for under invested Therapy Areas, which would in turn drive incremental revenue for GSK.
It is also expected of this role to develop/create, execute and manage regional strategies (where required), under the supervision and direction of global category leaders.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Leveraging deep category and market expertise
• Operating in a truly regional/global manner
• Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
• Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
• Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
• Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through execution of global sourcing strategies and/or development and execution of reginal sourcing strategies
• Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by the business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
• Leading, developing and managing the supply base, regional, for the in scope spend categories
• Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
• Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
Strategy creation & execution
• Participate in the development of the global strategies and lead their deployment in the markets of accountability for the spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and the fit with regional strategy
• Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the regional expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver regional benefits, quality, service, cost, innovation and revenue uplift
• Create and deliver effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity regionally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead regional supply base reviews and regional strategy reviews.
• Develop and implement effective, partnership, ways of working within the category management structure across geographical regions to ensure a cohesive regional approach to regional categories, aligned globally where required
• Initiate and lead processes to enable regional and local Procurement representatives to input regional and local business requirements and market dynamic information
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
• Set direction & inspire
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Develop capability & talent
• Drive performance
• Live our values
• Bachelors Degree
- Relevant experience in procurement
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- English proficiency (written and oral), other language will be a plus
- Leadership/communication skills
Master's Degree Business Administration/Finance/Marketing
• Strong Procurement leadership experience
• Proven track record of consistent high performance and delivery
• Relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals multinational companies and/or similar regulated industries
• Demonstrated ability to display key attributes (Strong IPS) of successful business partnering including building strong relationships with key senior stakeholders, internally and externally
• Excellent business acumen skills and ability to understand/influence how to partner with key stakeholders in order to achieve business objectives
• Entrepreneurial spirit and proven experience of leading and embedding complex change within the organization
• Significant financial leadership experience, ability to understand and develop financial models for determining projects ROI
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills to protect GSK rights and interests including IP matters.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple projects using project management skills
• Proven ability to provide effective procurement management in complex organizations using technical expertise and analytical skills
• Proven experience leading and developing teams
• Proven previous experience working in large blue chip multinational organization in similar procurement roles
• Special skill on Excel, pivot tables, and databases understanding
• Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
•We are a centralized and integrated organization, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
•Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
•We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top