Regional Category Lead, HR Services & Complementary Workforce Procurement, US
Enabling and supporting timely talent acquisition, retention, development & mobility is critical to support delivery of the GSK goal as well as our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities.
• Engaging and building strategic relationship with key regional US and LATAM stakeholders in Procurement and the HR communities to deliver the right people into critical roles for the right cost, whilst ensuring compliance for GSK.
• Working closely with key regional US and LATAM stakeholders, to capture business requirements and lead the creation, execution and management of regional sourcing strategies and for HR spend categories.
• Working closely with global procurement stakeholders, to input regional US and LATAM business requirements and support the creation, execution and management of global sourcing strategies and for HR spend categories.
• To leverage deep category and market expertise to support GSK in optimising value delivery from the supply base for HR categories:
o End-to-end planning, costing and managing inbound and outbound arrangements for temporary and permanent relocations and immigration.
o Payroll & Benefits
o Learning& Development, Coaching and Translations
o Complementary Workforce
• Ensuring financial benefits are recognised by stakeholder communities and finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision-making in line with the Spend Management framework
• Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships, aligned with our Global Diversity and Inclusion aspirations
• Create comprehensive regional US and LATAM sourcing strategies for HR Services categories, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset whilst ensuring the requirements of local markets are understood and supported.
• Have a clear understanding of how regional US and LATAM strategies affect local markets and fit with the global strategy. Build an education and communication process for in-country Procurement leads and Business units.
• Be the regional US and LATAM expert in the HR spend categories
• Educate and influence key stakeholders to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Work closely with the business and legal teams to develop and negotiate sustainable supplier contracts that reflect the requirements of HR (including but not limited to SLA, SPII and GDPR in line with guidance from the CISO)
• Collaborate with the regional US and LATAM HR teams to deliver best-in-class service for GSK
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure performance and value is delivered from these relationships and GSK remains compliant with all country laws, tax regulations and immigration policies.
• Support the governance process to ensure adherence to core/approved spend whilst driving efficiency and effectiveness savings.
• Accountable for the lifecycle management of all regional US and LATAM strategic suppliers and support Category council reviews and supplier review boards
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- Relevant experience in Procurement or HR
- Proven negotiation, conflict resolution and contract management skills (ideally in the HR space)
- English proficiency (written & oral), additional languages would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate strong and adaptable leadership styles
- Effective communication and influencing kills
- Graduate Degree in Business, Procurement, Accounting/Finance or HR
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
•We are a centralized and integrated organization, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
•Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
•We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top