Regional Automation Engineer
GMS Engineering has an opportunity for a Regional Automation Engineer to join a specialist team of automation engineers that provide support to GMS Secondary sites globally. In this role you will provide expert advice, guidance and technical support for automation and controls systems in order to deliver improved compliance, performance and capability for specific automation technologies at these sites, including vision systems deployed as part of the Serialisation programme.
Remote Support: Provide remote support for standardised automation technology platforms to enable resolution of automation related equipment performance issues in real time, taking full accountability for resolution of these issues. Initially the scope of this support is focused primarily on serialisation related vision systems (SEA Vision) & printers
Performance Improvement: Accountable for the development and delivery of permanent solutions that prevent recurrence of significant automation related performance issues
Build Capability: To provide training and technical support for GMS Engineers in Automation technologies and applications as well as mentoring and coaching Automation engineers and technicians.
Knowledge Sharing: Establishing and leading a Regional Automation network for sharing of knowledge and mutual support, aligned to the technologies supported, including identification and sharing of best practice or common lessons learnt across this network of sites
Stakeholder Management: Communicating with and managing stakeholders both within the central groups and at site level
Decision Making: Exhibit leadership qualities and a quality focus to make decisions where needed, collaborating with global teams or vendors, and drive results
Automation Standards: Support the development and implementation of Secondary Automation standards and strategy globally
Advanced Manufacturing & Digital Technologies: Identify, develop and help deploy novel or emerging automation technologies that could deliver benefit to the business, including helping prepare GMS Automation for a Digitally Enabled future
Subject Matter Expert: Provide technical expertise to GMS sites on novel and advanced automated manufacturing / packaging processes
This role is aligned to European sites and therefore the individual can be based at any European GMS Manufacturing site.
Candidates who would prefer to be based at other Global GSK Manufacturing sites may apply for this role but this will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: COB - Wednesday 30th May 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Degree in any science, engineering, computing or similar discipline and / or relevant industry experience.
• An in-depth knowledge and experience of manufacturing control system experience within the Pharmaceutical Secondary Processing industry
• Strong technical skills with experience gained from hands-on design, commissioning and support (including programming and trouble-shooting) for Automation, Instrumentation and IT systems.
• Proven Leadership Skills in a cGMP environment.
• Ability to communicate with and influence senior central and site based teams within the organisation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Proven track record of providing excellent automation support for instrumentation, automation and controls, including hands-on experience with Vision & Print systems used within a secondary packaging environment
• Technical experience gained designing and programming automation applications
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience
• Knowledge of key industry topics or trends, such as Serialisation, Cyber Security and Digital / Industry 4.0
• Working knowledge and understanding of EHS Practices and regulations with respect to the installation of automated plant.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top