R&D Financial Analyst
The focus of the R&D Financial Analyst is to provide relevant information for decision making and potential for financial improvement opportunities, collaborating with R&D Financial Partners and operational leaders, thus enabling the organization to foster Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Daily, the R&D Financial Analyst identifies trends, advises and recommends actions based on sound analysis aiming at optimizing costs and improving financial performance.
The R&D Financial Analyst evolves in a matrix environment, with transversal R&D Finance responsibilities (transversal accountability on specific cost items) and support to the R&D Finance Partners.
• Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports to relevant organization units
• Prepare monthly consolidation and executive financial presentations
• Be responsible and act as a single point of contact for transversal R&D cost items (e.g. Internal Project Expenditure IPE, External Project Expenditure EPE, CAPEX, Headcount, etc.)
• Drive improvements in reporting and analytical capabilities
• Improve financial performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management based on sound analysis
• Ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting by reconciling transactions and comparing data
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
• Ensure budget holders understand key financial concepts and information and assist in preparation of budget templates
• Assist in the budget & reforecast process
• Maintain budget and reforecast information in the reporting system
• Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
• Drive process improvement and development initiatives that impact the function
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Fluency in English
• Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications (SAP)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and persuade
• Ability to communicate financial issues with non-finance professionals
• Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
• Analytical mindset / problem solving ability
• Strong team player
• Planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
• Drive and energy
• Work in a matrix environment
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
The Finance Department is committed to make the most efficient use of all our financial resources. In addition to ensuring that, accounting practices support each department's specific needs. The team also makes sure that we remain fully compliant with public sector financial requirements. The department is also responsible for infrastructural logistics and the day-to-day running of site facilities.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top