• Align with appropriate Heads of R&D procurement/Global Category Leaders and work in collaboration to provide business requirements and market information to support effective strategy creation and execution.
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners and deliver
• Create and deliver of effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
• Contribute to support spend management and be the expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Build strategic relationship with a network of R&D stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships.
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured and establish where needed a solid Supplier Relationship Management Programme
• Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key regional/local suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
• University Degree
• Significant experience in procurement or commercial environment
• Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
• Business level English and Japanese (written,read and oral)
• communication skills Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
Master's Degree Business Administration/Sciences
Visit our office
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top