Do you have an interest in Quality Controls where you can develop your technical and analytic skills? If so, this is the role for you.
As Quality Control Technician, you will be responsible for conducting sample testing of incoming materials and/or finished products to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies' requirements and company standards.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Work collaboratively across team of QC Technicians to perform entry level testing/tasks. On a rotational basis, perform tests as scheduled by QC Planner. Testing will include: Component testing, retention inspections, EM plate incubation/reads,
Perform the following laboratory tasks: Participate in utility sampling rotation on average 2 days/week, monitor AMS alarms, perform routine Equipment PM tasks and clean laboratory glassware. Author QS documents, may include SOPS, Unplanned Events, and L1 Audits.
Follow and work in accordance with company policies, SOPs and cGMP standards to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Identify atypical events or potential problems and communicate these situations with appropriate personnel.
- On a rotational basis, perform QC testing as scheduled by QC Planner. Tests include: component testing, retention inspections, utility testing, EM Plate incubation/reads
- Participate in utility sampling rotation (average 2 days/week)
- Perform routine lab tasks, including: monitor AMS alarms, perform safety shower/eyewash flushes, perform equipment PMS, wrap materials for autoclave, wash glassware, and stock supplies.
- Complete testing to satisfy established timelines and all applicable regulations.
- Document raw data and results using Good Documentation Practices.
- Assure that all required documentation including records and logs, is complete and accurate according to the current GMPs. File and archive laboratory records and data in accordance with GMPs and SOPs.
- Revise and write SOP's, and other GMP documents as required.
- When assigned to rotating shift work; work independently and without direct supervision to perform normal operating routines and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate and report status of operations as well as variances to supervisors. Take appropriate actions and escalate issues immediately
- Maintain attention to detail, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks
- Perform all tasks with a safety mindset. Identify ZAPs and HAZIDs. Follow the EHS guidelines established on site.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Minimum level of education
- High School Diploma
Preferred level of Education:
- Assoc. or B.S. in a scientific discipline preferred
Minimum level of experience
- two years GMP laboratory testing experience (raw materials, wet chemistry, compendial testing, packaging components),
- Knowledge of standard laboratory technique.
- Ability to demonstrate good aseptic practices.
- Computer skills required in Excel and Word.
- Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner.
- Must be well organized, flexible, open-minded and dynamic.
- Must have demonstrated self-direct work habits and strong communication skills. Able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within a multi-skilled team..
- Position may require employees to work in a rotational schedule. This schedule may include holidays, and weekends; over-time may be required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Solid team player able to function within team based organization.
- Able to interact with peers, subordinates and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environment including engineering, facility operations, validation, production and QA..
- Ability to interact with people from various domains (Regulatory, QA, other analytical groups inside the Company.)
- Demonstrated familiarity with cGMP's, facility regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top