QC Team Lead
Educated to a minimum of primary or higher science based degree level.
3-4 years experience in a pharmaceutical / healthcare industry in an analyst/ senior analyst / supervisory capacity.
Third level chemistry based degree or associated science (preferably post graduate).
- Understanding of appropriate directives, standards, policies and guidelines and ability to implement appropriately, e.g.:
ocGMP (CFR 210/211)
oMDD (93/42/ EEC)
oISO 13485 2012
oQMS GSK Policies and Procedures
oPharmaceutical Affairs Law Japan
oMHLW Ordinance No 169
oMHLW Ordinance No 179
oMHLW Ordinance No 2
oGSK Facility & Technical Process Guides
- Understanding of the quality systems for Medical Device and Medicinal Products and an understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements for markets.
- Knowledge of products and the manufacturing processes for Medical Device and Medicinal products.
To lead and supervise all activities associated with their quality control stream and ensure all such relevant activities comply with all GMP, GLP, EHS and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure QC team work in a compliant manner and in accordance with Good Manufacturing and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, Quality Management System standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure Adherence to all quality standards – "Lead by Example".
- Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures, Global Quality Procedures and Management Policies relevant to your job role.
- Ensure existing quality risk actions are completed to schedule and that any new risks are identified and escalated to the QC manager immediately.
- Ensure all quality metrics are adhered to.
- Ensure all quality audit findings are thoroughly investigated and effective corrective and preventive action plans are put in place to prevent a re-occurrence. Ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on quality.
- Training of QC team in accordance with GLP.
- Review of completed analytical reports prior to OQ approval.
- Preparation, review and approval of in-house procedures e.g. SOPs, monographs, protocols etc.
- Decision-making and liaison with internal departments to disposition product in accordance with GMP.
- Troubleshooting analytical problems.
- Participate fully in our site's quality initiatives and support quality continuous improvement programmes.
- Communicate with the QC Manager on a regular basis on QC status
- Escalate issues to the QC Manager, OQ Manager and Quality Director as appropriate.
- Ensure Halal requirements are met in accordance with General Guidelines of Halal Assurance System LPPOM MUI for applicable Medical device Products/Markets.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
- Ensure QC team work in a safe manner and in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure Adherence to all safety standards – "Lead by Example".
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role.
- Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS.
- Conduct formal / informal safety audits / checks including safety contacts on a daily / weekly basis and ensure appropriate actions are identified to avoid reoccurrence and all identified actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Report any damaged or unsafe equipment or practice.
- Participate in Health & Safety improvement programmes.
- Ensure that there is adherence to the garbing procedure and proper use & maintenance of PPE.
- Ensure all Risk Assessments are completed to schedule and that any new risks are identified and escalated to your manager immediately
- Ensure EHS audit findings are thoroughly investigated and effective corrective and preventive action plans are in place to prevent a re-occurrence. Ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Generate Accident Reports & participate in Accident / Incident investigation where required.
- Chair weekly EHS meeting as per schedule and support monthly meetings as required.
- Ensure safety culture is embedded within the QC area.
- Ensure near miss target is achieved as per site scorecard.
- Escalate issues to the QC Manager as appropriate
- Manage the area during any unforeseen situations:
Accidents / Incidents.
Chemical Spillage's etc
People Management Responsibilities
- Provide motivational and effective leadership for team members.
- Ensure efficient operation of the QC team and that the highest quality and safety standards are maintained at all times within QC.
- Manage training and development plans for direct reports. Monitor personnel performance, time keeping and attendance and provide regular updates to the QC Manager.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the following activities :
Sampling and testing activities relating to raw materials, packaging components, bulk product, finished product, stability and validation ensuring lead-times are adhered to
Ensure there is a balanced workload among analysts
Manage holiday applications and holiday cover
- Ensure thorough understanding of HR legislation and policies.
- Ability to provide key input into site management decisions.
- Building capability in Team
- Drive accountability within the team
- Must have can do attitude.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top