QC Associate (Bio)
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
GSK Vaccines grew by 14% in 2016 and is one of the largest in the world. Every year we distribute nearly 1 billion doses to 170 countries, of which over 80% were supplied to developing countries. We produce 30 paediatric and adult vaccines, 11 of which are world first, to prevent a range of infectious diseases including; hepatitis, rotavirus and HPV infections, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, bacterial meningitis and influenza. Our Tuas site, one of only two GSK global vaccines manufacturing facilities worldwide, operates around-the-clock to manufacture the active ingredient used to make a GSK vaccine that protects children against pneumonia.
We are currently looking for two individuals to join the Quality team as a QC Analyst (Associate), reporting to the QC Superintendent.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team performing testings and support related activities in the Biological team. When you join, you will work from Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm) for a period of 3 to 4 months before commencing on shift work; Tuesday to Saturday (8am to 5pm) and Sunday to Thursday (8am to 5pm) alternatively (every 1 month).
Key responsibilities include:
• Performs routine and ad-hoc testings in the following areas with observation of GMP requirements:
- Biological testings for raw materials release - (All QA controlled materials). Biological testings refer to biochemistry and microbiological testings which includes ELISA, Endotoxin (kinetic and gel clot method), Sterility, etc.
- Biological testings for intermediates, products, and in-process rinse samples
- Testings for utilities (city water, purified water, water of injection, compressed gases, etc)
- Biological testings required for manufacturing process validations and confirmations
• Initiate and participates in laboratory investigations (OOS/deviations/atypical results/invalid results) and assist in timely closure of lab investigations and CAPA
• Performs equipment calibration, maintenance and validation
• Participate in method transfer/method verification of new samples/validation of new equipment
• Performs peer review for verification of task and data
• Assists in SOPs writing
• Identify and report problems in QC to supervisor in timely manner
• Practices 6S and ensures good housekeeping of laboratory, work area and equipment
• Ensures good inventory of QC materials (purchased and prepared materials/glassware) to support testings; ensures no over-surplus of inventory
• Ensures wastes are disposed appropriately and promptly
• Esures completion of daily assigned tasks and documentation following GDP
We have two vacancies. Due to the equipment that the role in the biochemistry team handles, it is preferred that you are at least 1.65m in height.
Also, you will need to be comfortable with working on shift (Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday to Thursday alternatively).
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: July 31, 2018
• Higher NITEC or Diploma in science discipline (Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, Life Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry etc)
• Good laboratory knowledge and hands-on experience in chemical testings
• Laboratory equipment qualification (advantage)
• Knowledge of cGLP & cGMP (advantage)
• Effective report writing skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizing skills (for individual time management and work planning)
• Team player
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top