Project Manager - Greater China Consumer Healthcare Strategy Deployment
In this highly visible role as the Project Manager for our GSK Greater China Consumer Healthcare, you will have the front row seat in leading our Greater China Consumer Healthcare Strategy Deployment programme including implementing annual strategy framework and objective alignment across each of the Greater China Leadership Team members' function.
Reporting directly to our AGM of Greater China Consumer Healthcare, you will ensure new strategies have proper foundational support, are strongly embedded and executed in the business.
You will drive strategy deployment down and across the organisation. You will do this by offering advice and recommendations on design and implementation of pragmatic approaches to cascading functional objectives and ensuring focus is maintained throughout the year.
In this role, you will:
• Support in the design of the business performance management framework, ensure the performance management framework is well-understood, and leaders have the information and skills needed to adhere.
• Provide ADP and project management expertise and hands-on support to enable delivery of critical business objectives, with an emphasis on the GC Strategic Initiatives.
• Lead the project design effort of select initiatives, including evaluation of team composition, establishing ways of working, and recommending the optimal governance framework. Work with the business lead to influence structure and approaches that will optimize effectiveness.
• Partner with Initiative Leads, providing project and performance management advice (aligned to GSK's Accelerate Delivery Programme ways of working) and leadership, to help ensure delivery against all agreed project objectives. Ensure fit-for-purpose project management mechanisms are applied to project meetings, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, clarity of decisions and actions, and timely and effective action completion.
• Ensure the right topics are included at the right time for discussion at project team or Steering Committee meetings.
• Act as a coach role model to the project team to help embed the best practice ADP and project management processes and ways of working.
• Ensure project and overall business objectives are aligned. Work with the business lead to ensure the project remains in line with business objectives at all times.
• Support leadership of key initiatives in identifying, engaging and managing stakeholders. Ensure effective communications plan is in place and managed on an on-going basis.
• Apply detailed knowledge of project management / ADP approaches and tools to help project teams remove barriers and manage risks.
• Coach and mentor the project team to undertake rigorous problem-solving and give on-going focus to the plans to actively resolve risks / issues.
• Establish and manage effective project tracking and reporting process suitable for reporting at various management levels (Time / KPIs / Benefit / Quality) at various stakeholder levels.
You would be someone who possess a blend of sales and marketing experience within an MNC FMCG setting. Project management experience, especially in a management consultancy firm would be advantageous.
In addition, you will have:
• Fluency in both Mandarin and English
• Hands on experience within sales and marketing operations.
• Experience directly running programmes
• ADP advocate and advanced knowledge of ADP tools and ways of working; ADP practitioner preferred but not required.
• Matrix management: Comfortable influencing senior stakeholders across functions
• Decision Making: Experience designing and imbedding bespoke decision-making process to suit project complexity and structure
• Track record of establishing effective working relationships
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years.Our Greater China Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories. Inspired by a winning culture and a science-led innovation approach, we have produced some of the world's best-loved healthcare brands including: Sensodyne, Panadol, Voltaren, Physiogel, Horlicks and Eno. Specifically, in Greater China, we have leading position in Pain Management and Therapeutic Oral Health with household brand names such as: Voltaren, Fenbid, Bactroban, Sensodyne, and Panadol.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top