- A university degree is required in engineering (Controls, Mechanical) and must have PEng designation
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in engineering within a progressive environment that is fast paced.
- Experience with complex engineering projects and a more structured approach to project management (timelines, budgets etc.)
- The ability to influence others from different functional areas.
- A proven track record in Lean manufacturing (continuous improvement/cost reduction).
- Strong business acumen and the ability to see the whole picture from a business perspective not just the area they are accountable for.
- A comfort level dealing with ambiguity.
- Effective leadership and development skills for both direct and indirect reports + demonstrated coaching skills.
- A self-starter with a strong drive for results on key objectives while managing day-to-day activities.
- An innovative individual who is strategic with a high energy level who is flexible and able to implement and augment change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation/facilitation skills in order to work with and present to all levels within an organization.
- Strong, well-developed client management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to challenge ideas and processes, which will contribute, to a more effective end result.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to break a problem into its components and attack it logically.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Computer literate, comfortable with Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- PMP certification
This is an 18-month contract
LEADS CAPITAL AND CHANGE PROJECTS by
- Leading, supporting and developing cross-functional teams to establish and meet project plan goals and objectives
- Developing capital project requirements, resource allocation and plans to meet capital program goals
- Resolving issues and project conflicts
- Influencing within cross-functional team members without direct authority
- Monitoring projects for variance in scope, schedule, budget and risk
- Communicating project status to front-line personnel through to senior management
LEAD EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION TO CURRENT SAFETY AND REGULATORY STANDARDS by
- Developing optimum technical solutions in collaboration with Customers, System Owners, EHS and Quality Assurance to meet the business need and regulatory requirements
- Being responsible for the specification, procurement, installation, commissioning, qualification and hand-over of capital and change projects
- Champions Environmental, Health & Safety awareness through day to day activities
- Selecting and managing professional consultants, contractors and suppliers when required for capital and change project implementation
- Participating/collaborating with external resources to obtain required project deliverables while maintaining and developing GSK intellectual property
- Applying technical expertise and project management principles during all project stages: specification, procurement, installation, commissioning, systems qualification and hand-over of capital and change projects
LEAD ENGINEERING COMPLIANCE by
- Reviewing and closing maintenance work orders
- Working with the engineering team to manage project and CAPA tasks
- Supporting engineering compliance for L1 audits, GES Alerts, Gap analysis's
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top