Supervises daily manufacturing operations, a market entry and commercial manufacturing facility that produces protein biopharmaceuticals for clinical and commercial purposes. Provides first line supervision to Manufacturing Associates, who operate microbial fermentation or cell culture equipment, prepare media and solutions, conduct chromatographic separations, perform filtration & concentration operations, prepare buffers and solutions, and perform related administrative duties.
• Provides first-line supervision on day, swing or night shift, to a staff of Manufacturing Associates who conduct: microbial fermentation, cell culture or purification unit operations including overseeing preparation of media and buffers, seed lab operations, large scale microbial fermentation and/or cell culture, harvest and recovery operations, chromatographic processing, filtration and concentration operations, and the ordering of raw materials and components from the warehouse. Production Supervisors are expected to have the capability to perform formentioned activities alongside Manufacturing Associates.
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements and ensure that their team do the same.
• Assures that the preparation of bulk biopharmaceutical intermediates meets all quality standards for cGMP, GSK and any other applicable regulatory agency.
• Supports successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility, including all appropriate equipment and area changeover activities.
• Accountable for Manufacturing Associate development and/or performance management though activities such as assignments and associated technical training programs.
• Ensure all staff are adequately trained on all cGMP manufacturing operations and documentation.
• Work on problems of advanced scope, potentially cross-functional, where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable and unknown factors
• Participate and implement continuous improvement and operational excellence methods and tools to improve the overall efficiencies of production operations.
BS/BA or Associates Degree with 8 or more years of directly related experience. Degree in other discipline if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
• Knowledge and experience in a production area (e.g. cell culture, microbial fermentation, buffer prep, media prep, purification, etc.).
• Clear understanding of the control systems used to run processes in modern large scale Biopharmaceutical plants.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills which emphasise teamwork and a strong quality orientation.
• Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
1 year of leadership experience
• Strong quality/compliance orientation and track record. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Strong influence and relationship building skills with an emphasis on teamwork. Comprehensive understanding of Lean/Six Sigma (OE) principles and their application.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top