Science or Business
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce. Our diverse business is made up of two distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare (household names such as Panadol, Voltaren and Sensodyne).
GSK Consumer Healthcare is at the beginning of an exciting journey. We're bringing together the legacy businesses and product portfolios of two great companies – GSK Consumer Healthcare and Novartis Consumer Healthcare – to form the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products, with our products reaching over a 1 billion consumers. We're passionate about building the world best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
At our Ermington Consumer Healthcare manufacturing site we have produced Panadol for many years – one of the top 5 most trusted and one of the 50 most desirable brands in Australia. We're very proud of our success and heritage.
In November 2016 we announced the closure of our GMS Sydney manufacturing site in 2020. The closure will be phased over the next four years as production is gradually transferred to a combination of other GSK sites and third-party manufacturers. It is anticipated the closure will be complete in 2020.
Due to an internal promotion an opportunity for a Product Manager is available for an 18-month full time contract position with potential extension depending on business demand. You will be an engaging technical leader with the proven ability to develop, and deploy business strategy enabling you to deliver results The role provides technical leadership to teams ensuring all aspects of Product Lifecycle Management are actively applied to products/families handled by the team ensuring Quality by Design principles are applied and robust and well understood Product Control Strategies are put in place.
You will be part of a Global Organisation, and within GMS you will be joining a team and culture where investment is made into training and development and the opportunity for continual learning is encouraged and developed.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding, managing and influencing the technical elements of the product lifecycle on behalf of the site
- Ensuring all aspects of Product Quality Lifecycle Management (PLM) are applied to the products
- Influence the manufacturing process / analytical process / pack and associated specifications throughout the product lifecycle
- Support standardisation of manufacturing and analytical technology across sites engaged in manufacture of common dose forms
- Build relationships through communities of practice and identifying and embedding generic best practice
- Provide leadership and guidance on all technical aspects of a product or product family, including knowledge management
- Understands the key interactions between raw materials and equipment during dosage form, manufacture and the resulting transformations
- Able to articulate risks and issues of specific products
To be successful for this position, you will ideally have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or related discipline
- Previous background in pharmaceutical, medical devices, manufacturing or FMCG would be desirable
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience to provide a consultative and collaborative approach to driving business outcomes
- High attention to detail and passion for playing a critical support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills to communicate key messages and ideas in one-to-one settings and large groups
This role is offering you the chance to further your career and professional development and play a pivotal role here at our site.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Please note – GSK manages recruitment directly and applications via third party agencies will not be accepted.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top