Product Expert - Technical Analyst
Within the GA&D WREF & Corporate - Corporate Functions team the Product Expert, Corporate Security will partner with other technical product experts and the Product Owner for Corporate Security in the technical delivery of Corporate Security products. Principally, the individual will be accountable for supporting the Product Owner in deploying C-Cure to GSK sites globally as part of the Corporate Security programme. This role will involve other technical expertise and L3 support in our physical security suite of products.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Technical Configuration/Customization: Work with third party solutions providers, security integrators/consultants and GSK Core Technology/Platforms to conduct technical configuration of solutions that meet our customers' needs and provides a great user experience
• Data Protection: Develop a sound knowledge of GSK policies and processes regarding protection of sensitive data
• Product Assessment: Take part in technical review of product development across a product domain. Support Solutions Architect in the assessment of technology solutions. Support business in the assessment of new product features
• Product Domain: Understand the product domain from a technology perspective but also understand how the technology adds value
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
• Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software/Infrastructure as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
• Integrations: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday, ODS) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP, Serraview) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure.
• Process Improvement: Drive ongoing product and technical improvements adopting a mixture of delivery methodologies where appropriate - but focusing on Value to the customers.
• Technical Product Deliverables: Ensuring completion of technical deliverables as outlined by Product Owner/GRC and ensuring technical aspects of definition of done are achieved.
You will need to be able to bring clarity in situations of extreme ambiguity - main problem that will be faced will be multiple products or business demand, the critical skill will be making the right investment decisions to deliver optimal value. The job holder will need to draw on their experience of driving strategic change over many years to lay out a product roadmap and make the right decisions, carefully weighing options and alternatives and being ready to justify and explain the decisions when faced with numerous challenges.
Jobholder is required to be agile in not only change delivery, but the processes and administration required to maintain systems to a high quality or validation. Having an aptitude for new technologies and the ability to solve problems through logical thought process is important to this. The role holder will need the experience to coach and support others as they face issues that might create system or service issues. They also need to be able to answer queries from all levels of the business, particularly those in senior roles and have a good understanding of their product domain to do so.
Being able to identify and solution problems is key to the role. As well as offering guidance to the team on both business and system related issues, the role holder needs to be able to consider problems that arise from having multiple system tenants, making sure configuration is managed appropriately between them so that the risk to production are kept to a minimum.
Dealing with upstream and downstream systems, is another key part to this role. Those systems have release cycles and managing the impacts of each needs to be considered as changes could impact downstream and vice versa. Managing the conflict this creates and ensuring robust and low risk solutions are found is part of the role.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 4th January (COB)
Interviews for this position will be held in January 2019
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Technical Degree; E.g. Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science
• Relevant experience in major global Tech organization
• Track record in successful technical development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
• Experience as a Technical Analyst
• Experience of working with third parties in the delivery of working products
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
• Understanding of embedded Corporate Security technologies, such as C-Cure 9000, Salient, Pelco; as well as general knowledge of physical access control and video management systems
• Understanding of Agile Software Development, experience in Scrum, Kanban, SAFE desirable
• Understanding of Emergn VFQ desirable
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top