Product and Skills Manager
- Minimum of 3 years in Pharma industry
- Experience in Sales, Sales Training, and Leadership.
- Experience in Specialty BUs & understanding of key tools
- Marketing experience helpful but not essential.
- Experience in Specialty BUs & understanding of key tools (eg Strategic Account Planning)
- Demonstrated success working in a complex matrix environment where influencing is a core requirement
- Experience of Copy Approval Process
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver tactical/ project plan
- Must be proficient to expert in coaching, facilitation and project management skills
- Demonstrated written oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
Assist in designing the plan for selling skills (Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen & Customer Engagement) & building capabilities needed by BUs. Work closely with BU & CC stakeholders to align the plan, calendar & resources to BU & organizational priorities.
- Deliver training needs (incl New Hire, Transfer) and other selling skills training aligned with the BU Capability Plan
o Coordinating with the Speciality CC team to match available resources with BU training needs
o Input & consulting with Enterprise Skills CC team to ensure field & marketing selling skills resources are effective & impactful. This includes partnering to maximize impact of the Peer Educator/Associate Trainer team
o Partnering with Field teams to improve Selling Skills. This will include delivery of such events as workshops, regional best practice sharing, monthly office hours for selling teams, field contacts
o Coaching team training skills and utilizing expertise in Instructional Design and Adult Learning Principles
- Responsible for CC content & delivery at major events such as Fast Starts, National Sales Meetings Selling Skills events & Product Launches. This includes creation of materials & approval via the Copy Approval process.
- Subject Matter Expertise (via training / certification) to represent and pull through CC key initiatives /skills and as aligned to BU (ie: GSK Selling Ways, Business Acumen, SAP as appropriate to role)
- Contribute to the CC Speciality Care Lead Team.
o Drive best practice sharing,
o identify and lead delivery of standard work where applicable
- Deliver training in preparation for Product Certifications & Cert to Sell on relevant GSK promoted products. This training is provided to many levels of the Organization from Senior Sales / Marketing Leaders to our Field and Telesales Teams. The breadth of training expands all levels within our Commercial Team
- Develop expertise in Standardization, Project Management and Business Improvement skill sets
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all training components, including distance and live application of learning
- Create appropriate training curriculum based SP&O and CC standards and guidance documents
The skills & experience which will lead to success in this role include
- Strategic thinking. Your role needs to diagnose capability gaps, and develop plans for short & medium term to address those gaps
- Understanding the full Commercial Environment. You need to understand BU needs across Sales & Marketing, and to balance those with Enterprise priorities & resource constraints. Prior experience across commercial functions will be a clear asset in this role
- Leadership. As a Manager within CC, you are expected to model all of GSKs Leadership Expectations, and foster an engaged, winning culture.
- Influencing. As a partner working with senior stakeholders, you are expected to help them balance organizational & enterprise priorities. You are expected to be a leader among those peers in the area of Selling Skills & Commercial Capabilities.
- Working Across Boundaries. The Product and Skills Manager roles are matrix leadership positions, requiring you to build strong relationships & partner with multiple functions across Sales, Marketing & Operations.
- Project Management. Mastery of project management skills with the ability to manage multiple large projects simultaneously. Ability to work with third party vendors to create compliant, cost efficient patient/customer focused training programs
- Communication. Demonstrated effective communication, influence and leadership skills. Ability to simplify complex concepts and communicate to diverse audiences.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top