Procurement Performance Manager
International Location: United Kingdom, London.
Our Procurement team has more than 900 members across 50 countries where we actively manage £13bn of GSK’s spend per annum across both direct and indirect categories. Our Team influences the company's entire third-party expenditure, partnering with business units and driving value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets.
You will drive and lead the performance management of all key initiatives and projects in aligned Procurement area, across multiple categories of spend and cross functionally across the wider GSK business, to ensure the delivery of key business objectives and benefits.
You will manage critical projects and activities on behalf of the wider procurement organisation.
- Aid in the development of annual objectives and enablers for Global Procurement Organisation and cascade into aligned Procurement area as well as support bottom up target setting
- Define key metrics to measure performance against objectives and enablers in aligned Procurement area
- Identify, plan and execute key initiatives aligned with these Procurement and business strategic objectives to deliver set targets
- Ensure objectives are embedded in aligned Procurement area Leadership Teams personal development plans and leverage when prioritization of focus is required
- Support cross-enterprise development of Business Unit/Regional participation
Lead and implement a performance culture in aligned Procurement area’s activities across multiple spend categories working in partnership with Head of aligned Procurement area and Category Leads.
- Develop catered Performance Management governance model to allow for regular and frequent updates on performance against all defined objectives including but not limited to savings delivery; working capital improvement, risk remediation; supplier simplification; alignment with stakeholders, clearly defined pipeline of initiatives, and delivery of proposed value within Business Led Procurement programme.
- Support creation and maintenance of value focused Business Led Procurement implementation plans, working with Category Leads. Monitor pace vs. plan.
- Take ownership of category status and progress updates and provide key data insights. Meetings with individual Category Leads to ensure updates are submitted to the Head of Performance Planning, on-time and in-full
- Track and drive category progress aligned to Business Led Procurement programme methodology, including the transition from planning to implementation, along clearly defined actions.
- Support content development for Category Deep Dives, content preparation, liaise with external advisors as appropriate
- Create tools that provide an executive view of current status of all objectives and initiatives, clearly drawing attention to areas of risk requiring escalation.
- Drive the performance management of synergy savings to be delivered via the GSK and Client team integrations
- Ensure visibility and effective use of performance dashboards for aligned Procurement area community through posters, email and verbal communications, Town Halls, ad hoc meetings, effective use of shared network folders / team sites and leveraging key Procurement leaders
Act as internal consultant to Head of aligned Procurement organisation.
- Play role of a challenger to common thinking and an advisor, providing a fresh perspective to proposed strategies.
- Prepare the Head for all future meetings, at times building executive summaries in advance with Category Leads.
- Provide communication leadership for the CPO focusing on category level, content development and implementation.
- Leverage the network of Champions within the aligned Procurement area team to hold accountability for a range of priority objectives including but not limited to Third Party Risk, Procurement Systems Transformation, Supplier Diversity, Working Capital, etc. and manage oversight of all Champions to define plans for success and delivery vs. planned outcomes.
- Understand and capitalise on key priorities of the Head to ensure an environment of consistent high impact delivery is maintained, buffering the Head from tactical activities that may distract focus on the top priorities.
- Develop the agenda for all Leadership Team Meetings and aligned Procurement area Town Halls, bringing forth the most pertinent content and generating energy within the team
- Content preparation for Town Halls including but not limited to business overview and Procurement progress update
Desired skills and experience
Degree level or equivalent. Preference for candidates with MCIPS (or International equivalent or other procurement qualifications) or MBA (US).
The role requires the ability to facilitate the development and execution of sophisticated procurement strategies that align with business needs. A strong understanding of business and financial analysis will facilitate success. Ability to communicate with senior Business, Finance and Procurement managers required.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top