Procurement Manager – Staffing Services
Our Contingent/Contract Workforce play a huge role in helping GSK develop, manufacture and supply our products which help people do more, feel better and live longer. We need you to take responsibility for the procurement within this space focusing on two key sub-categories; Agency Workers and Statement of Work (SoW).
You will work closely with Senior Stakeholders, some of whom can be challenging, to improve the quality of service they receive whilst looking for opportunities for innovation and cost savings.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of our transformation journey - this is an area ripe for disruption with plans in place to expand the scope of the service and the geography which the team covers.
Your Key Duties
• Drive RFP's end to end to deliver value to GSK within the staffing services space
• Work with Legal team to negotiate, implement and manage contracts, delivering best in class commercials and mitigating contractual risk for GSK Deliver Supplier Relationship Management holding staffing suppliers accountable to their agreements, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Support Global Category Lead in executing upon CW Global Strategy
• Work closely with onsite MSP, external suppliers and business stakeholders across multiple areas of problem solving and issue resolution
• Support MSP Expansion working closely with business managers to support in the implementation of new processes & ways of working
• Educate Business Stakeholders on worker classification and any compliance/risk associated with the CW area
• Negotiate with key suppliers to achieve significant cost savings
• Build close partnerships and alignment with other Procurement areas in GSK to ensure that appropriate common systems and processes are implemented
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st December 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Experience of managing and working with strategic suppliers in a corporate environment
• Demonstrable expertise of developing and implementing category strategies
• Strong negotiation skills and experience managing/negotiating with recruitment companies
• Running end-to-end RFP processes from requirements gathering though to contracting
• Ability to negotiate contracts working with legal teams and other relevant parties
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, experience of working well with senior stakeholders
• Understanding and experience working with Statement of Work (SoW) service engagements
• Proven track record of delivering cost savings
• Experience working with process change management initiatives
• Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced working environment
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organisation with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top