Process Safety Officer
- BSc or B.E
- Process , Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Safety Engineer
- Knowledge of OSHA, Process Safety Management
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of Programs
- Knowledge of chemical/pharmaceutical manufacturing plant equipment and processes.
- Can demonstrate problem solving ability.
- Should have effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Leadership skills in particular in influencing others, foster enthusiasm and teamwork.
- Be able to operate as part of a team with positive interpersonal skills.
To develop and implement Process safety program throughout the site in close collaboration with the corporate process safety and engineering teams in order to consistently satisfy compliance with process safety procedure, EHS regulations and policies.
- Develop process safety management procedures and practices to support the process safety management program.
- Identify and manage process safety risk across multiple process units; driving consistent and continuous risk reduction for the site.
- Provide expertise on Process Safety risk assessment and risk management processes, methods, and standards; leading process safety risk assessment across the site.
- To conduct process safety studies PHIRA, HAC, What if & ALARP for identification and mitigation of process safety risk.
- Develop and conduct internal safety compliance audits to identify gaps; documents results and implements corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Provide expertise and guidance on reporting and investigating root causes of near misses and process safety incidents.
- To review and update existing process safety reference procedures and standard and develop new procedures as new requirements are identified.
- Tours plant(s) through Gemba to inspect and audit for process safety requirements, identify and correct potential deficiencies.
- Assist in the implementation of Blue Chip Projects related to EHS at site with special focus on Process Safety.
- Participate in different meetings and forums and provide useful inputs regarding existing process safety issues, and requirements, to achieve the Global GSK safety standards.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top