Process Informatics Technology Associate
Support the Process Informatics Program within the Biopharmaceutical Technology Dept. in creating and maintaining database tables, data entry pages, visual basic scripts and trending webpages.
• Provide support for statistical data analysis and investigations.
• Assist with data transfer and data design including determination of data sources, database table structure and data entry and reporting formats.
• Assist with the conduct of investigations including collection, checking and entry of data, design and creation of forms when necessary, running reports and creating graphic displays of the data.
• Collect and coordinate collection of data from a variety of data sources. Maintain the data system including input of data from both hard copy and magnetic media, merging new data with existing databases, quality control of the input and output and preparation of reports.
• Maintain integrity of process databases including data input and quality control.
• Work with colleagues, systems analysts and consultants in design and implementation of new systems including defining needs, testing software and suggesting modifications.
• As part of the Biopharmaceutical Technology group, assist with production of reports, graphs, word processing documents and other projects on request.
• Develop and follow standard operating procedures for data entry, data verification and follow procedures to preserve the fidelity of the manufacturing data.
• Oversee regular backup of data and maintenance of database links.
• Provide expertise to other department members on database use and learn new software packages as they are acquired.
• Understand OE tools and philosophies.
• As necessary will be required to carry out laboratory based biopharmaceutical process development/investigational activities.
• Design basic lab experiments and interpret data/results with supervision.
1-3 years of relevant experience
BS/BA in either biological or chemical science, engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Able to prioritize, and decide appropriate courses of actions. Effective at implementing decisions.
• Committed team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture.
• Working knowledge of database management systems preferred.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis software preferred.
• Experience in use and developing of databases will be a plus.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top