Process Control Engineer
GSK is hiring Process Control Engineer.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Chemical / Mechanical) or Technical Degree (Computer / Bio-technology) w/relevant experience
- 1 – 3 years experience at an industrial manufacturing setting
- Experience with one or more of the following: Emerson DeltaV DCS, Allen-Bradley SLC / ControlLogix, Siemens Apogee BAS, VFDs, GE Unicorn, S-88 Batch
- Understanding of process controls principles for equipment, instrumentation, computers and networking.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues and recommend improvements
- Capable of occasional supervision of the activities of contractors
- Attention to detail. Capable of maintaining system life cycle documentation (Drawings, URS, FRS, SDDS, etc).
- Ability to effectively work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office
- Experience in an Engineering or Process Control function
- Work experience implementing changes in a Biotech Industry and or a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience with small equipment (hardware or software) projects: scoping, design, and implementation.
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot using process P&IDs and control schematics.
- Experience using test equipment to troubleshoot industrial controls (24vdc, 120vac).
- Understanding of industrial electrical codes (70), safe work practices (70E) and machine safety (79).
Why GSK? Because GSK’s Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK’s Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance – Being accountable for quality and safety.
The Engineering Operations group provides technical engineering and project management services for manufacturing, building and utility equipment to support operations, validation and capital projects. The Process Control Department is a specialized group within engineering responsible for plant automation, process control, data management, and system life-cycle documentation. Individual to be responsible for overseeing Process Controls support of Manufacturing operations for operational cGMP biologics production facilities.
- Automation support of Bioreactors, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Glass washers, Filtration, Chromatography, Air Handling Units, Pure Water skids, Chillers, etc.
- Engineer solutions and manage projects involving retrofits, optimization and acquisition of process systems
- Manage several small to medium projects simultaneously to quality, budget and schedule constraints
- Assist in resolving technical issues with automation problems and support investigation as required• Provide system administration duties for automated systems.
- Work with other manufacturing support groups to implement and maintain automation systems, execute projects and communicate the status to operations
- Support system life-cycle documentation for automated control systems, such as, Functional Requirements Specification (FRS), System Detailed Design Specification (SDDS) and control wiring diagrams)
- Abide by and Update engineering specifications, policies and procedures
- Participate in site and department Audits, Inspections, and PMs.
- Maintain and document all cGMP equipment/system modifications and upgrades through approved change control methods
Job Description Summary
- Job Family - Controls and Instrumental Engineering: Develops, designs and plans equipment and machine layouts, workflow, and safety precautions to maximise utilisation of plant and manufacturing facilities. Recommends improvements to increase manpower efficiency and operating performance, reduce waste and delays, and promote cost control/reductions. Develops metrics to measure plant and equipment capacity output, and identify equipment and process flow bottlenecks. Establishes accident prevention measures, and plans and schedules training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operation. Qualified engineer.
Job Family Group - Engineering: Performs engineering work in operations, production or maintenance environments. Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment, and tests manufactured products to maintain quality. Plans, designs and estimates time and cost, and oversees maintenance of structures, facilities, systems and components. Analyses and develops solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures. Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures, and provides advice on issues within the engineering field.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top