• Contribute to the technical strategy and delivery for global clinical project levels. Includes working with representatives from multiple project teams, including clinical data standards, statistics and programming, and laboratory staff.
• Provide technical input to protocol and other plans at the development phase of a study
• Coach and mentor colleagues with advanced programming tasks.
• Provide input to the development of data capture tools for a clinical study
• Ensures data programming procedure are of the highest quality and are audit ready
• Lead role in the management of the data vendor deliverables and performance.
• Subject Matter Expert for the Data Quality Community bringing programming expertise, which would include expert input into to and the development, implementation and communication of programming control documents.
• Oversees CDISC/SDTM conversions with both internal and external partners.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
• Bachelors Degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related discipline.
• Knowledge of multiple programming languages - including PL/SQL, SAS, Python, C#
• Experience working in database systems and environments, including Oracle and Unix
• Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to explain complex technical principles to non-technical staff.
In addition to the supporting the oversight and acquisition of data, key accountabilities will also include the development of validated programs that support the collection, extraction and integration of clinical data for GSK's Cambridge based clinical pharmacology unit (CUC), oversight of SDTM deliverables from CROs, and day-to-day technical programming support for clinical project teams.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. An opportunity has arisen in within the Clinical Data Acquisition and Delivery group to support the Clinical Pharmacology domain. We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual to join our team, who will provide programming support and drive the technical strategies for clinical studies.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top