Principal Innovation Scientist Digital - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Innovation Scientist - Digital to join our team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract based in Weybridge!
As a Principal Innovation Scientist, you will be responsible for leading early stage digital Oral Health innovation projects for the category. Reporting into the Innovation Lead, you will ensure that the voice of the consumer is heard and that consumer input drives the initiatives pursued as well as ensuring identification of new Category digital opportunities in line with category strategy. You will ensure rigor and consistency in applying external best practice, cutting edge tools / processes within the Category Innovation team while working closely with other functions, Digital Innovation Hub, Consumer Insights, Marketing, Design, Supply to enable the building of a robust project for delivery into the pipeline.
The source of innovation can be from many sources, this role will take the innovation thinking beyond molecules into a FMCH environment for the category.
• Delivers qualified (consumer and technical) early stage projects and successfully transitions into the development pipeline
• Acts as the key external contact point for identified digital innovation opportunities for the category.
• Identifies, assesses and drives forward key digital innovation opportunities
• Participates in cross-Category sharing of scientific or consumer opportunities, breaking down any 'silos' and ensuring innovation drives across the category
• Acts as the category 'digital champion' within category partnering closely with the consumer insights to ensure early technical consumer understanding that is focused on putting the "consumer first"
• Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives
• Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists
• Seeks advise from colleagues and Management when unexpected results occur or when major changes to project plans are considered
• Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding
• Writes technical papers/presentations to enhance personal, departmental and corporate reputation.
• Effectively worked and communicated across multiple organizational disciplines/departments such as Commercial (Marketing), Supply Chain, Regulatory, Product Development, adjacent New Products Research areas and Legal to ensure alignment on key issues.
• Proven track record of effectively managing external relationships, developing and implementing strategies.
• Background of establishing supportive, developmental and learning orientated environment.
• Developed an understanding of the nature of the innovation in multiple countries and is able to positively influence both our colleagues working in these countries and the external collaborators to ensure that GSK maintains the highest possible standards of ethical research in support of CH values of consumer first, respect integrity and transparency.
• Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things; actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11th November 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
• A strong technical understanding on the requirements to deliver digital innovation to the marketplace is necessary along with a good grasp of the challenges associated with the other core areas in order for the incumbent to deal with the technical complexity inherent in the role and to understand the regulatory, quality and safety implications of any decisions made.
• Experience of partnering with Regulatory, Product Development, Supply Chain and Clinical on the requirements for product design and an understanding of the approval processes
• Experience in consumer insight focused global healthcare related products / brand management
• Maintains external networks and represents the organization on many topics in the role of Innovation
• Experience of working with External Innovation and evaluation of external opportunities
• Experience of working in highly complex matrix organisation;
• Proven ability to solve complex technical and operational problems in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate creative ability and a passion to identify and deliver new innovation into the pipeline.
• MSc or PhD
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities 'Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare', and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top