Principal Analyst (Multisymptom)
Chemical, Pharmaceutical or related science.
- Excellent understanding of Drug and Food GMPs as relevant to GSK Consumer Healthcare as well as familiar with FDA, European and global regularity requirements, such as ICH.
- Track record of coaching and mentoring peers and other staff.
- Competency to lead large, complex, global teams with track record of on time delivery of multiple initiatives.
- Expertise with key technologies and industry norms and applies to different areas of responsibilities as required.
- Creative, pragmatic and imaginative in approaching diverse R&D projects.
- Successful track record of executing Third party projects.
- Successful track record of transfer of products into commercial manufacturing sites.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Ph.D. degree / Pharm D.
Chemical, Pharmaceutical or related science
The Principal Formulation Scientist supports the delivery of New Products to market by:
- Mastery of Analytical Science related to the multisymptom subcategory (accounting for required dosage forms and APIs).
- Ensuring development and validation of analytical methods meeting internal and regulatory requirements against defined project deadlines.
- Development of and implementation of analytical strategy for multisystem team.
- Coaching and development of more junior staff.
- R&D Leadership of projects within the Multisymptom subcategory.
Is able to work independently of close managerial oversight to make decisions on project and technical issues.
Has strong Analytical expertise and a proven ability to apply this to development projects in order to define analytical strategy, project activities and timings and to ensure project delivery on time.
Proven ability to work in a matrix organisation and to collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure all issues that might impact project plan are accounted for and that transfers of knowledge and technology are flawlessly executed.
Proven ability to provide cross functional R&D leadership to complex development programs and to drive successful R&D execution against plan including regulatory filings and transfer to commercial supply sites.
Proven ability to manage budget and resource requirements for assigned projects.
Maintains strong external links with academia and trade etc. and up to date knowledge of the analytical areas of relevance to multisymptom and more broadly to the OTC area and has an ability to pull relevant knowledge into the team.
Support NPD director in the operational management of the team, ensuring prioritisation of Analytical activities and communication of resources needed and constraints.
Support development of cross category Analytical strategy and execution of strategic initiatives.
Strong knowledge of compliance requirements associated with OTC Analytical development and proven ability to apply these, ensuring that highest scientific standards are maintained at all times.
Proven ability to coach and mentor more junior technical staff resulting in measurable improvement in capability and to identify talent for further development.
Ability to lead technical assessment of external opportunities (products for licensing in, new technologies etc).
Proven ability to communicate on project, technical and scienitific issues and topics at all levels within the organisation.
Continually seeks new ways to improve or streamline operations within the R&D team.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top