Postdoctoral Scientist Biopharm Analytical
The Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) team, R&D, GSK is currently looking for a highly skilled scientist with a demonstrated track record of developing and implementing innovative novel process analytical technologies (PAT) to support innovation related activities in the biopharmaceutical analytical sciences area. The AMT group was created to deliver GSK's Manufacturing Technology Roadmap with the global objective to transform the way GSK manufacturers its pharmaceutical products over the next 5-10 years.
As a member of AMT, the role will require close collaboration with biopharm AMT and biopharm upstream process development group (MCCD) in USA, Biopharm Process Research (BPR) in UK and Vaccines (Belgium) organization. The candidate will have the opportunity to conduct academic research and development on innovative analytical technologies for monitoring and control of mammalian cell culture processes.
This position is limited for 4 years.
THE SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE ROLE/POSITION:
Key accountability and responsibility will be to execute elements of the approved business plan that includes:
• Drive collaboration with academic institutions and small/medium enterprises within the IMI (Innovative Medicine Initiative) Horizon 2020 project EU public private partnership to develop innovative, high throughput analytical tools and methods to characterize cell culture fluid during development and commercial cell culture process
• In house testing of prototype and technologies developed during the 4 year IMI collaboration project
• Hands on work in the laboratory with different analytical instruments, including but not limited to various spectroscopic techniques, microfluidic sensors, and standard benchtop analysers for measurement of various CQAs in a cell culture process
• Travel to academic labs and vendor sites whenever necessary for hands on working and close supervision of the work in progress
• Collaborate with existing technology development efforts in the Biopharm R&D community and the wider Manufacturing Technology Roadmap in the process analytical technologies area
• Communicate all the project status, data and findings regularly to biopharm AMT and other internal stakeholders
• Publishing and presenting research findings internally, at international conferences and in scientific journals
Who you are:
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry (or related), chemical engineering (or related), Biotechnology (or related) or biophysics, biochemistry
• 0-2 years of experience in process analytical technology tools in small or large molecule space (including design of experiments, modeling, chemometrics, statistical data analysis)
• Excellent scientific and working knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
o Spectroscopy (UV-Vis, NIR, FTIR, Fluorescence, capacitance, Raman, and others)
o Large molecule analytical and characterization methods (e.g. HPLC, CE, process residuals; glycan analysis)
o Advanced data analysis on real time spectroscopic data (NIR, FTIR, Raman, UV, IR etc)
• Highly experienced with academic and industry collaborations in the past
• Passionate personality, positive attitude and should be a detail-oriented self-starter and be able to work individually as well as a team player
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple tasks/technologies at a given time
• Strong ability to build relationships
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top