- Ph.D. degree and/or a M.D./Ph.D. in Immunology or Biomedical Sciences
- Extensive expertise of cellular and molecular biology techniques including isolation and functional evaluation of immune cells from peripheral blood and tissue, to include flow cytometry, DNA methylation PCR analysis and RNAseq analysis
- Extensive knowledge in human cellular immunology, and translation of endpoints relevant to autoimmune diseases, particularly Type 1 Diabetes.
- Experience with operationalising the implementation of biomarker endpoints in clinical trials and processing/analysis of patient samples.
Post-doctoral fellows within GSK's global collaborative training programme will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of cutting edge science to advance GSK's mission 'to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer'.
- Accelerate your post-doctoral research with GSK's extensive R&D engine.
- Bridge the gap from target identification to medicine for patients in-need by leveraging GSK's: Tools, Technologies, Libraries, Samples, People, Knowledge Base, & Training program.
The goal of this post-doctoral role will be focused on:
Identify signatures of defective Treg cells in T1D to enable discovery of novel biomarkers of disease and potential novel immunotherapy approaches in a joint GSK / Kings College London funded research programme led by Dr. Timothy Tree from KCL.
The successful candidate will be based at GSK, Stevenage but will have the opportunity of spending time (up to one year) at KCL. They will have access to experts working in this field of research, and will have the opportunity to work in state of the art facilities, including the use of cutting edge technologies. Working within GSK will give the candidate the opportunity to undertake research and experience industrial working practices to meet their personal training needs. This is a novel and evolving approach and thus the successful candidate must have an enquiring attitude, the ability to think innovatively to develop and deliver the research objectives, and adapt well to different working environments.
Postdocs are actively encouraged to publish and present their research at internal and external meetings and participate in the GSK R&D postdoc community, which will include scientific and social programming.
Postdoctoral research will be focused on addressing the critical R&D challenges that have been selected as cutting edge science and are optimal areas of science for post-doctoral training.
Your Postdoctoral experience will be accompanied by tremendous support at GSK with the opportunity for daily collaborations with world-class scientists. GSK is committed to providing each postdoc with a mentor who will be focused on providing a comprehensive training program and are expected to nurture skills that will enable postdocs to become independent scientific investigators.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for Interview you may contact [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top