Portfolio Manager - Technical R&D
- Master degree in Sciences or equivalent, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years experience in Project Management.
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or Drug Supply Management.
- Excellent knowledge of written & spoken English - knowledge of French & other languages are an asset.
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial Supplies Operations (Labelling/Pack/Ware House/Distribution) are required for this role.
- Product & Production knowledge is an asset.
- GCP/ GMP/ Quality standards.
- Customer Orientation and good communications skills are a MUST.
- Role Flexibility, Planning, Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving are required for the role.
- People interaction: Motivating, Effective Communication, Project Management, Coordinating.
- Prioritisation is crucial for this role.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager to join our Technical R&D GMP Manufacturing and Clinical Supply department. If interested, please read further.
The Portfolio Manager ensures an end to end logistic oversight at project/study level covering activities from forecasting till Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP) reconciliation.
As the Point of Contact (POC) for the Project Development Lead (PDL) and the Technical Development Lead (TDL), you are responsible for the timely availability of Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs) for clinical studies.
- Technical R&D (TRD) representation for Clinical Develop Plan development and execution, as assigned by department head.
- Logistic Project Management for different CDPs
- Conduct clinical supplies forecasting, long and short term.
- TRD Point of contact for clinical supplies and distribution, including planning and trouble shooting.
- Feasibility & risk assessment at project/study level at the time of forecasting.
- Link with planning, operations for feasibility evaluation of clinical supply operations.
- Review and input on Concept Protocol.
- Logistic oversight from forecasting till IMP reconciliation.
- Develop and manage clinical supply budgets (TRD responsibility).
- Support clinical sites and site audits, as needed.
- Conduct lot allocations for studies and manage (re)supplies.
- Responsible for timely availability of IMPs (Clinical, Commercial, Competitor) to sites for on time start of trials, communication and mitigation of issues/delays.
- Communication up through GMP Mfg leadership and out to key stakeholders.
- Follow-up of milestones to ensure the timely release of clinical supply to ensure IMP availability in accordance with the needs.
- KPI reporting.
- Support IT (SAP) improvements as needed; use and maintain existing IT (SAP) systems.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top