Plant Utilities Technician (3rd Shift)
The Utilities department has maintenance and operational responsibilities for a combination of cGMP, non-GMP and black utility systems across a 96 acre campus with approximately 750,000 sq/ft floor space under roof. Plant Utilities Technicians are challenged to operate, maintain, and repair all mechanical utility systems in a 24/7 cGMP Production Environment striving to provide zero unplanned down time to our customers. Technicians must document all start-up, shutdown, repair, and return to service activities in accordance with LSOPs and GDP procedures. They must maintain areas of responsibility in a state of inspection readiness.
Note: This 3rd shift position requires working 4 days / 10 hour shifts, 10:00 pm - 8:30 am. Work week begins Wednesday 10:00 pm and ends Sunday 8:30am. Training will be on first shift for the first 2 months.
• Work both independently and collaboratively across shift assignments with minimal to no direct supervision. Execute daily equipment checks, water sampling/analysis, normal operating routines and emergency response procedures.
• Follow all established EHS standards, safe work practices, and quality requirements such as but not limited to (e.g. LOTO, permits, OSHA, NFPA 70E, LSOPs, pharmacuiepia, etc.).
• Use schematics, diagrams & drawings for diagnostics and trouble shooting and repair of plumbing, electrical, control systems, VFDs, programming logic, etc.
• Operate and maintain black utility systems & related equipment such as but not limited to (e.g. water softeners, dealkalizer, boilers, dearation system, steam & condensate systems, air compressors, hydrants, fire suppression systems, biowaste systems, emergency generators, elevators, etc.).
• Operate and maintain cGMP clean utility systems & related equipment such as but not limited to (e.g. purified water storage and distribution, reverse osmosis, WFI stills, pure steam generators, etc.).
• Perform maintenance activities as assigned. Enhance equipment operational life and maintainability. Drive continuous improvement regarding infrastructure, procedures, routine maintenance tasks, task frequencies, spare parts inventory, etc.
• Document all start-up, shutdown, repair, and return to service activities in accordance with LSOPs and GDP procedures. Capture data using log books, check sheets, work orders, and CMMS systems.
• Oversee contract workers during maintenance activities and assist with engineering projects to ensure system integrity and zero unplanned service interruptions for production.
• Maintain compliance to established metrics and standards (e.g. training, PM on time completion, etc.).
• At times, Technicians may be the sole service provider whom is able to respond to calls. Technicians must be able to think, react, and escalate quickly as priorities increase.
• Include stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, and ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting devices. Ability to work around loud equipment, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather.
• Operate motor vehicles, forklifts, and skid loaders. Valid driver's license required.
• Position requires employees to work a 24/7 rotational schedule. This schedule will include holidays and weekends; overtime may be required.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• 5+ years of related work experience in boiler operations is required.
• Experience in at least one of the following areas is required: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, plumbing, WWTP, EMT or multi-craft.
• Must be available to work the 3rd shift (10 hour shifts) noted above.
• Associates degree in a relevant technical field.
• 7 + years of related work in boiler operations and at least one of the following areas is required: , HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, plumbing, WWTP, EMT or multi-craft.
• Two or more years of experience within pharmaceutical, food, or a research facility is strongly preferred.
• Journeyman Trade Certification and/or Master Trade License.
• Previous experience with Computerized Management Work Order System (SAP preferred).
• Basic computer skills required (e.g. email, word, excel, power point, search engines, etc.).
• Ability to read, use, navigate, operate, and troubleshoot using SCADA, alarm screens, HMI, etc.
• Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with cGMP's, EHS procedures and regulations, facility regulatory guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top