Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain Management, Data Management or equivalent
Background experience in production scheduling role and work in Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Healthcare / FMCG background will be an added advantage
Planning Executive - Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Executive under the MERP-S Team. This role is responsible to plan and control the inventory of finished goods, raw and packaging materials to meet forecasted demand from both local and export markets and to overseeing production and materials requirement planning.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
- Responsible for developing the monthly and weekly production plans for to ensure that the shop floor operates on a high level of efficiency and integrity, always striving to achieve excellence.
- Ensure efficient operation through careful management of all sizing efforts and developing plans, which maximizes customers' satisfaction through the optimal utilization of resources.
- Enhance customers' satisfaction and ensure 100% on time delivery against agreed plan through production scheduling, optimizing run quantities and minimize run quantities
- Reconcile the Master Production Schedule against Customers Orders to ensure that the company is not exposed over and above the necessary coverage.
- Responsible to ensure that the Master Production Schedule is constantly updated as changes are identified, in order for MRP to reflect accurate up to date information.
- Coordinate formula and packaging changes between New Product Introduction (NPI), Supply Planer, Regulatory, Purchasing and Production to ensure smooth implementation and proper run down of raw and packaging materials.
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are released timely to vendors in compliance to agreed lead times.
- Manage the inventory holding level to avoid over holding stock.
- Manage and maintain the correct supply plan to market.
- Ensures compliance of Regulatory, Security, Safety and GMP policies and standard operating procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain Management, Data Management or equivalent
- Background experience in production scheduling role and work in Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Healthcare / FMCG background will be an added advantage
- Open to 1 year contract role.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in production planning
- Ability to problem solves and work independently in a challenge and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- ERP system knowledge – manufacturing environment.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top