Planner / Scheduler OC
Experience in the areas of Customer Service
Education: Leaving Certificate plus Third Level qualification.
IPICs qualification - there is an expectation that all planners will attain this qualification while in the role
Previous experience in a planning function in a Manufacturing Facility.
- Responsible for the production scheduling of assigned value stream resources including conformance to plan
- Customer service at 99.0% for assigned value streams
- Monitoring of schedule adherence weekly and daily.
- Escalation and resolution of blockers to flow of product to the customer.
- Chair weekly MPS ensuring aligned to OOS and maximising site efficiency focusing on firm and frozen period
- Key communication link to the supply hub any delays in products to the customer
- Creation of outbound delivery schedule weekly
- Completion of weekly planning cycle.
- Creation and maintenance of FRS for assigned work centres.
- Support to NPI process.
- SOP compliance & updates.
- Ensuring ways of working reflect optimal inventory holding for relevant Value Stream. This is a key KPI.
Ability to view issues from a number of perspectives, develop alternate ways forward. Recommend the most suitable solution based on an analysis of the advantages and disadvantages. To be accountable and be able to make decisions when they feel right.
Taking personal responsibility in sourcing relevant training for self and supporting the efforts of others to develop.
Taking on new projects or challenges to facilitate on the job development or supporting others in taking up new challenges.
Identifying areas where improvement is required. Escalating these and being prepared also to take on the implementation of this change. Frequent problem solving to improve the process following the plan, do check and adjust process.
Supporting others in continuous improvement activities. Ensuring as a team member continuous improvement of ways of working is always on the agenda.
Needs to demonstrate a "can do" attitude.
Enable & Drive Change
Ensuring initiative in the department is encouraged by being proactive and by encouraging other members of the team.
Reducing and eliminating barriers to change.
Working as an active team member to introduce change.
As a key liaison with internal customers, always being positive and solution driven where there are issues.
Ensuring that as value stream scheduler all customers (internal and external) are at the fore front in decision making.
Ensuring Planning Supervisors are kept informed of changes to plan. Quick response time when there are issues with supply.
Able to see issues from a number of perspectives.
Validating and testing one's own understanding of the views of others through paraphrasing, summarizing, clarifying.
Being open with one's own views and encouraging others to do the same. As part of the team, help create an environment where people feel free to speak and know they will be heard and valued. Been effective in your role through working through warehouse, QC, OQ, Artwork and manufacturing.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
Ensuring that no matter what the medium of communication, it is delivered with clarity and as simply as possible.
Clear, concise, well structured, authentic and easily understood.
There is a requirement to deal sensitively at all times with the multi cultural key stakeholders to the site.
All stakeholders to be treated with respect and to be aware at all times that English may not be their first language.
Scope of Responsibility
- Daily Review of OOS to maintain customer service KPI
- Governance of CTP to support site KPI
- Generation and delivery of an optimised weekly detailed production plan using supporting FRS, sku profile, make frequency etc.
- Use of GPS tools to challenge and resolve issue as them arise real time.
- Ensuring planning parameters including yield, batch size and routings are correct
- Escalation of issues to supply planning hub and supply scheduling manager as appropriate.
- Daily liaising with the shipping team to ensure the E2E process is adhered and that stock is available to the customer OTIF.
- Ensuring Process orders are available for production to maintain outputs from the resources.
- As part of having process orders available it is imperative that Missing Part flags are acknowledged.
- Support of new product introduction in relation to governance meetings, tasks for completion and communication of any changes.
- Maintenance of all data on the system and ensure all data is real time and does not appear in the past.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site LSOP's, GSOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role.
- Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality
- Management System requirements.
- Participate fully in our site's quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
- Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role.
- Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality and Management Policies relevant to your job role.
- Attend training and complete assessments as required.
- Ensure Halal requirements are met in accordance with General Guidelines of Halal Assurance System LPPOM MUI for applicable Medical Device products / markets.
There may be times where there are capacity issues which will require an allocation of resource or an allocation of production time to a specific product or market. This will require a level of problem solving to ensure maximizing the capacity, minimizing disruption to plans, maintaining customer service levels.
Basic Experience - Experience in the areas of Customer Service
Preferred Experience - Previous experience in a planning function in a Manufacturing Facility.
Expected level of application of Knowledge
Management of all scheduling aspects for the Value stream and escalation back to the Planning Supervisor of significant issue.
Excellent working knowledge and usage of MERP to ensure smooth planning activity and accurate communication to Planning Supervisors.
Closing Date: Friday 25th August 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top