Pharma Technology Risk Director
This role will focus on support for the three business areas making up the Pharma Cloud: Pharma Commercial, R&D and GMS
In this role, you will facilitate risk identification/prioritization for the business units supported; define and execute risk mitigation programs/projects to address significant risks while assisting business unit leadership to make risk informed decisions. You will approve significant risk mitigation plans and policy exceptions while leading business unit Risk Management Compliance Boards (RMCBs).
Key to this role is providing input into Tech policies, procedures and standards and embed within business units supported
Further responsibilities include:
• Ensure emerging risks are identified and escalated appropriately and in a timely manner
• Provide counsel to risk managers/analysts and Tech staff on meeting quality, risk and compliance requirements during project/product delivery, support and in the management of third parties
• Liaise with business quality organizations (e.g., CSQA, GCV) to contribute to the overall validation of Tech applications
• Drive management monitoring within the business units supported
• Facilitate independent business monitoring of the business units supported, reporting results quarterly to RMCBs
• Support business unit in audit readiness activities and fieldwork/CAPA management
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 11th May 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Bachelor's degree in Technology, Digital, Data Sciences or other relevant discipline
• Understanding of the risks/regulatory requirements related to use of technology in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Pharmaceutical Industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Technology, Risk Management, Compliance
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing assurance or operational activities
• Maintain current knowledge of technology enables business activities, and of the compliance requirements to enable use of digital channels/emerging technologies
• Direct experience with agile software development methodologies
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills with all level of the organization including senior stakeholders
• Experience of operating in an international environment with tact, diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
• Possess high learning agility, pragmatism and good judgement
• Master's degree in Technology, Digital, Data Sciences or other relevant discipline
• Experience working in Risk Management & Compliance within the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Demonstrable experience in managing digital/emerging technology risks
• Direct experience in managing compliance in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model
• Experience in interpreting policies, procedures and processes for ensuring compliance
• Good knowledge of IT management processes, such as ITIL
• Maintain relevant certifications e.g., CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), CGEIT (Governance of Enterprise IT)
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top