Patents/Intellectual Property Rights
Fully qualified and licensed US Patent Attorney or European Patent (both nationally and European qualified) Attorney with minimum 10 years relevant experience with corporate patent practice, including filing and prosecution, due diligence, business development support, litigation and/or other inter partes proceedings. Line management experience, managing one or more teams of patent attorneys and/or agents.
- Demonstrated success and ability in managing other professionals, including well-experienced attorneys
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including those necessary to inspire the confidence and trust of GSK senior management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal integrity
- Demonstrated administrative/organizational ability
The Head, Patents Vaccine Belgium role provides leadership and management to global patent attorneys in Belgium. Key responsibilities include the following:
- This role is responsible and accountable for patent matters (including all patent drafting and prosecution activities, any post-grant Oppositions or Litigation) associated with matters arising out of the Belgian RDC.
- This role is responsible and accountable for setting patent strategies including those pertaining to TRD ad RDC belgium. It is the key patent support role for the RDC BE leadership team.
- Directly or indirectly line manages a team of approximately 7 patent attorneys
- (The person in this role will be accountable for and supervise all patent work being performed in relation to third party patent matters, for example, secure freedom to operate for all projects arising out of the RDC BE.
- This role will be a member of the Global Patents Vaccine leadership team and help set and implement Global Patents vaccines strategic priorities, and contribute to significant decisions relating to GSK Vaccine patent matters.
- As a member of the Vaccine Patents leadership team, this person will assist the VP Global Patents Vaccines in setting overall Pharma patent strategy and priorities, managing Global Patents vaccine headcount and budget, allocation of attorney resources across the entire vaccine team, contributing to strategic decisions impacting Vaccine patent strategy, operations, and substantive legal matters.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Legal department's mission is to provide the company with a legal framework in which to operate. It also plays an active role in the definition and implementation of rules of conduct and procedures applicable to each and every GSK Vaccines staff member.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top