Packaging Technologist for Project Green
Recruiter required to update
RECRUITER TO UPDATE
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply
GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region.
We are currently recruiting for a Packaging Technologist to join our Global Manufacturing & Supply plant based in Ulu Klang. This role is responsible for pack design and specification service for products supplied regionally within GMS.
- Interface with sites, procurement, suppliers, pack change managers and covers design activities associated with NPIs, Product transfers, Validation , Market requests and Site changes (Including Procurement driven changes to the supply base)
- Management of all packaging trial exercises at all Value Streams
- Technical support (lead and part of a cross functional team) Global Supply products ranging from engineering to technical troubleshooting on new and existing products and troubleshooting in the factory, for packaging related issues
- Lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in packaging processing troubleshooting / investigations across solid dose unit operations that incorporated detailed statistical analysis, combined with process / engineering knowledge to determine technical and business solution and implementation of rapid effective solutions.
- Introduction of new technologies (including validation) in order to drive/ enable continuous improvement initiatives through the value stream.
- Provide technical expertise in packaging components, material, conversion process, printing technique and emerging technology to improve efficiencies, drive down cost and improve value of established products post-launch.
- A Science, Engineering or Pharmacy bachelor degree holder with 3 to 4 years experience in manufacturing industries.
- Institute of Packaging diploma is preferred.
- Specialist knowledge of the packaging process, components, raw materials, specifications, equipment and plant.
- A thorough appreciation of Quality Assurance, Quality Policies, Risk Management requirements, Validation principles, EHS and Regulatory (i.e. GPS, MAA, NDA, Pack Compendia, ICH Guidelines, Orange Guide) requirements is also necessary.
- Requires a good understanding of global packaging processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in addition to a wide range of technology based skills.
- May require ~10% travel within region.
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top