GSK is hiring Packaging Technician.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in a production environment or completed Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year cGmP experience in manufacturing setting or completed Bachelor’s degree
- Technical degree or certification preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Operate hand-truck/work saver.
At GlaxoSmithKline, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. As the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter products, reaching more than 1 billion consumers, GSK’s Consumer Healthcare business is on an exciting journey. We're passionate about building the world’s best fast-moving consumer healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
Our Consumer Healthcare facility in St. Louis, MO proudly manufactures household names such as TUMS, OsCal, and Citrucel. We're proud of our heritage and success in the St. Louis... and our impact on consumers’ lives around the world.
The Packaging Technician is a high performance team member supporting all aspects of team performance in order to produce a high quality product in a safe environment while complying to all GSK policies and procedures in accordance to FDA regulations.
- Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Trained to use all production documentation (Production forms, batch records, SOP’s, Work Instructions) to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements. This also includes MyLearning SOP’s as well as practical training (OJT). Assist and follow SOP’s, change control / validation processes, and adhere to established cleaning programs for GMP compliance. cGMP experience preferred. Complete batch record documentation monitoring Right First Time results and related Key Performance Indicators
- Must be highly motivated, self driven and non-task oriented. Able to function productively with minimal supervision in a team based culture. Must demonstrate strong computer skills.
- Must be team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments and a creative thinker in crisis situations. Must be willing to assist in all areas of packaging when needed. Assist in the training of other Technicians as needed.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and able to work at a productive pace. Responsible for operating and troubleshooting a variety of machinery. Packaging Technicians must perform line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, re-assembly of line equipment and lubrication.
- Support line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line standards.
- Perform preventive maintenance in order to sustain line performance and adhere to the fixed repeating schedule.
- Work on Cross Functional Teams supporting the intent to improve equipment utilization, line changeover times, new technology and state of the art automation.
- Assist in the generation of measurements to track efficiencies and other pertinent data for the unit to identify and implement continuous improvement efforts.
- Report all safety concerns and hazards immediately. Operate hand-truck/work saver as needed.
We will be accepting applications through Friday 8/5/16
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top