Packaging Supervisor - 2nd Shift
This position will help run the business through supervision of packaging line activities in secondary manufacturing operations. This role is responsible for troubleshooting process problems and supervising the operation of a manufacturing unit, ensuring the area adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, approved process steps, SOPs, quality procedures, safety and environmental standards while operating within the profit plan.
The hours for this position:
2nd Shift (2:00 - 10:00 PM, Monday - Friday)
• Supervise activities of the associates performing packaging, material handling and cold chain operations.
o Provide evaluation, coaching, disciplining, mentoring and skill development opportunities to GSK staff and seasonal contingent work force.
o Ensure robust operations in alignment with quality, safety and environmental regulatory and site requirements.
o Coordinate resources required to complete routine work to meet schedule demand and assigned special projects.
o Promote team work and open communications.
o Ensure appropriate recruitment, selection and ongoing training to support the business needs.
• Drive business improvement through concept and implementation of operational strategies.
o Optimize process, production and maintenance systems focusing on improved OEE using Industrial Excellence methodologies.
o Develop and implement productivity improvement plans leading to lower cost per dose and higher line output.
• Function as Pack department process SME.
o Participate in / Lead GMP and Safety audits
o Lead / own investigations for deviations and events, providing consistent compliant approach to assessing failures, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
o Drive for simplification and harmonization across department processes.
o Departmental ownership of SOP and batch record content related to Pack processes.
• Lead the business through:
o Decision-making directly impacting financial and product quality.
o Identification and resolution of deviations on products and processes.
o Prompt and effective changes directed toward lasting improvements to the operations.
o Partnering with QA to ensure compliance.
• BS or BA in a engineering, science. Other degree considered if sufficient technical experience has been gained typically through 2-3 years relevant experience working in a production environment.
• 1-2 years pharmaceutical production experience.
• Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
• Prior experience and knowledge of cGMP vial and syringe labeling operation and cardboard tray cartoning operations.
• Prior experience working with a Warehouse Management System.
• SAP experience.
• Experience with GMP's, NIH and FDA and other regulatory agency requirements, validation principles and quality systems with demonstrated success in application. Stay current on developments in the field and GSK-Bio Standards.
• Ability to establish, maintain and supervise working relationships cross functionally with all members of the value stream including; production, QA, QC, engineering, validation, and maintenance. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the organization as well as the skills to communicate site operations to outside agencies.
• Ability to lead the process to generate the exchange of ideas to resolve problems prioritizes solutions, select optimal solutions and implement decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills. The ability to function within team based organization.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications.
• Must be able to address complex problems associated with assessing deviations, equipment complexities and implementation of change and improvement to validated and/or FDA approved production systems.
• Must be able to operate independently in a high complex matrix environment on off shift to provide the operational and compliance decision-making to support packaging operations, prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions and to effectively implement decisions.
• Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability while executing capability and leadership to manage people and field projects teams.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top