Packaging Operator (2nd shift)
Job Description-Note: this is a second shift role 2 PM-10:30 PM
• Execute day to day line activities to ensure manufacturing objectives are met.
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices
• Maintain full compliance with all assigned learning plans, technical competencies, documentation practices and procedures as related to the GMP and EHS environments
• Demonstrate familiarity and compliance with cGMP's, EHS procedures and regulations, facility regulatory guidelines, and standard operating procedures
• Recognize and report deviations or potential quality issues immediately to the packaging management team.
• Operate packaging equipment to achieve standard efficiency while striving to identify improvements to current practices or procedures.
• Assure that appropriate housekeeping of the packaging area is maintained.
• Identify process equipment troubles, communicate and interact with maintenance personnel when repair is necessary.
• Ensure all validation, quality, safety and environmental procedures and regulations are met, maintained and documented appropriately.
• Assist in developing operations strategies to optimize process, production and maintenance systems
• Promote and maintain teamwork and open communication with fellow teammates.
Minimum 2 years in packaging, regulated industry or manufacturing / production line operations - required with a diploma
BS /BA - no prior experience required
Ability to read, understand, follow and comply with technical and written documents (SOPs) in English.
• Ability to perform calculations using simple mathematical formulas and a calculator includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Ability to recognize quality issues and communicate.
• Must be able to work while wearing PPE for all GMP areas for an entire shift. (Includes safety shoes, glasses and hair\beard covers).
• Some basic computer skills required.
• Physical requirements include pushing, pulling stooping, standing, climbing, twisting and lifting up to 50lbs. This includes the use of a manual hand jack.
• Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner according to GMP standards and other regulations.
• The ability to maintain attention to detail and quality, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting timelines and deadlines.
• The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels.
• Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing all responsibilities.
• Must have demonstrated self-direct work habits and strong communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills. The ability to motivate others.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships cross functionally including production, QA, QC, engineering, validation, and maintenance.
• The capability to maintain attention to detail and quality and a high level of integrity and confidentiality, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting timelines and deadlines
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top