Packaging Development Manager
As the Packaging Development Manager, you are a technical leader within GSK Consumer Healthcare R&D Packaging function. You are responsible for the design and development of breakthrough packaging aligned with commercial strategy for assigned brands and categories, as well as supply chain activities including costs saving, complexity reduction & business continuity.
Role deliverables and responsibilities for this position include:
• Deliver packaging that delight consumers while protecting the product and meeting GSK CH quality standards.
• Manage packaging initiatives and projects: embed GSK Consumer Healthcare packaging end-to-end process, systems and ensure compliance and 'right first time'.
• Work effectively with a cross-functional project team externally and internally (Marketing, R&D, Global Manufacturing & Supply) on the execution of the category strategy to support innovation, cost saving, compliance and business continuity projects.
• Ensure packaging knowledge and expertise on material science and packaging technologies are transferred within GSK.
• Support the development and implementation of global packaging programs across the technical community.
• Partner with suppliers & associates to develop best in class innovation for the category.
• Identify and deliver Value Engineering opportunities for assigned category.
• Provides general technical advice and support on cost savings and complexity reduction programs.
• Ensure compliance in all functional activities and support quality/compliance activities as CAPA's, deviations and change management.
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 01-10-2018
You are a passionate packaging development professional with at least 5 years of experience as packaging engineer or senior packaging engineer, in technical support or packaging development. Ideally, you would have worked in a multinational and regulated environment (Pharmaceutical / FMCG) and with good understanding of end-to-end supply chain.
You also have the following skills:
• Packaging projects management skills, with key focus on delivery on time, on budget and compliance with stage gates process and success criteria
• Recognized as an excellent collaborator and partner by Business and Technical communities
• Implementation of standard packaging development work processes (with continuous improvement philosophy)
• Ideation, development and execution of Innovation / cost savings and harmonization packaging projects
• Active contribution to the implementation of IT initiatives (e.g. Global Packaging Specification Database, Packaging catalogue).
• Good knowledge of Packaging Regulations
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories. Inspired by a winning culture and a science-led innovation approach, we have produced some of the world's best-loved healthcare brands including: Sensodyne, Panadol, Voltaren, Physiogel, Horlicks and Eno.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top