Operations Start-Up Lead
We are currently recruiting for a Operations Start-up Lead under the Project Green Team. This role is responsible to deliver a faultless start-up and ramp-up of all Project Green assets to the expected levels of line performance in the shortest possible time so as to maximize GSK's return on its assets by minimizing time to market, increasing operational efficiency/throughput and maintain timeline and supply commitments as part of the Project Green product transfers in to KL.
• Handover a robust and stable operation to business as usual operations
• Minimize waste from our supply operations
• Ensure detailed planning takes place early in the project to map out all the requirements into an integrated schedule which will encompass all 3 aspects of operational readiness (Start-up for manufacture: 'operational readiness', Process Qualification / Validation, Ramp-up to demonstrated 'operational performance') across all waves and product transfers of Project Green.
• Ensure the right team is assembled to deliver against the integrated schedule safely, on time, and on budget and in accordance with GSK procedures and standards.
• Ensure clear line performance targets are defined, and equipment specifications, asset care schedules and changeover design are aligned to deliver this
• Put in place the right sponsorship and governance e.g. Steering, Weekly Team Meetings, issue meeting minutes, maintain Action and Decision Logs, Risk Management, Project Change Control, ensure that the correct lead & lag indicators are identified and monitored in order to keep on track vs objectives
• Line performance must be measured and any shortfall vs target rapidly addressed through problem-solving and improvement cycle
• Role remains in place until targets are demonstrated and a robust handover has been completed to business as usual operations
• Monitoring and reporting of operational readiness status to feed into the Site Transformation Governance forum for Project Green and OC&C Programmes.
• Greenfield/Brownfield project experience and involvement in the start-up activities
• GPS, AM / PM, visual performance management / lineside boards, lean changeover, operations asset care
• Defines Operations resourcing plans in place - recruitment, staffing, training/learning and on-boarding
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management and/or Supply Chain or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge or certification in Project Management and or GPS certifications will be an added advantage.
• Professional working experience with 5-7 years working experience in a pharmaceutical, OTC medicine, FMCG facility environment.
• Able to influence SLT and hold them to account when necessary.
• Demonstrated leadership in delegating, influencing, conflict resolution skills with good listening and open & honest communication.
• Stakeholder Management at both a Site and above Site Level on a project that is highly visible
• Resilient and calm under pressure
• Attention to detail whilst also understanding the broader programme view
• Ability to motivate and manage cross-Functional teams and hold indirect reports to account
• Demonstrated effective communications skills both written and oral coupled with the ability to tailor to any one of a wide variety of audiences
• Proficient in the use of MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project applications
• Good current Good Manufacturing Practices background
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top