Operational Excellence Manager
- Support MPU/SPU in Business Improvement (Strategic Alignment, Performance Management, Gemba with an
- Improvement Purpose) by acting on the Operating System, Management Infrastructure, Mindset &
• Lead Transversal projects with impact on the global Strategy
• Identify the key areas for improvement via a data-driven process and determine the OE Strategy and plan aligned with the MPU
• Lead, support and facilitate OE projects that have a VS/function impact and that will deliver business benefits to the SPU and larger
• Delivery of benefits as identified in the projects business cases
• Provide expert advice, support and mentoring to Project Leaders (GBs) and Project members on OE tools and methodologies. Actively encourage and support use of collaborative tools and processes (KM) to enable lean and effective multiple department and functional working.
• Develop and enhance a culture of Excellence to do things in a simpler, smarter, quicker and in a robust, reproducible way.
• Trainers for OE tools & methodologies.
• Ensure effective communication for OE programs / projects
• Network with other OE experts (GSK Vaccines/GMS) to exchange learning and good practices
• Remove barriers to progress.
• University degree in engineering or equivalent expertise in civil, chemical or Biologicals engineering
• At least 8-10 years of experience in operations in an industrial of which at least 5 years
• Ideally Black Belt certified
• Experience in Lean/6 Sigma manufacturing in similar role environment
• Experience in process improvement and change management
• Ability to lead and drive change : ability to create a compelling case for change
• Excellent team builder / team player
• Analytical and problem solving (trouble shooting) skills - creative approach to problem solving and the ability to challenge the status quo
• Effective communication skills, including training / animation / presentation skills
• Effective influencing skills - ability to influence at all levels of management and to energize a team towards to pursue common goals
• Enterprise thinking (end-to-end supply orientation, cross functional team spirit, sharing of good practices within the network)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top