Oncology Medical Science Liaisons (4 openings) Regions Include West, Central, South, and Northeast
Medical Science Liaisons are expected to interface and provide value across a continuum of both Internal and External Stakeholders. This includes:
Internal Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing)
• Work with medical colleagues to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography
• Gather medical voice of the customer and construct and implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical Affairs teams
• Provide documentation for all interactions with HCPs according to applicable policies
• Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials
• Attend and contribute( if required) to medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions
• Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK
• Support clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance
External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare professionals within assigned geography/therapy area, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies, and formulary decision makers)
• Conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts
• Gather medical voice of customer and secure advice that informs and assists GSK in the development of medicines of value, for the ultimate benefit of patients
• Conduct individual discussions and meetings with GSK-contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc, on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK)
• To respond verbally or by providing appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or Medical and adhering to all policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical information
• Provide information in response to standing requests from external stakeholders (e.g. HCPs, formulary decision makers), when appropriate information becomes available
• Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request
• Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs staff for funding consideration
• Participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards as requested and in accordance with the applicable policies
• Provide promotional presentations
• Deliver affirmative presentations to HCPs and formulary decision makers within the scope allowed by the MSL Practice Policy
• Pharm D, PhD, M.D. or equivalent education
• Oncology experience required
• 4 years plus years of clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Possesses solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting
• Excellent interpersonal skills in both one on one and group settings
• Above average computer literacy and willingness to utilize a variety of software applications
• Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/indirect decision making authority for patient care was demonstrated is preferred
As a global healthcare company, GSK takes on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. The biggest contribution we can make to society is to innovate and widen access to new medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We continue to be committed to develop medicines to support fighting cancer. Over the last few years our R&D team has been using 'next generation' technology platforms to increase understanding of disease mechanisms, which will help us deliver significant medical advances to cancer patients.
Your role will be at the forefront of GSK's re-emergence in discovering and providing cutting edge Immuno-Oncology treatments. Our leading Oncology asset is GSK2857916/GSK'916, an anti B-cell maturation agent (BCMA) monoclonal antibody-drug conjugate. This is a first in class antibody drug conjugate that has a four-fold mechanism of action with evidence of high efficacy in a precisely defined group of Multiple Myeloma patients. BCMA has recently been granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the FDA and as such we are looking to launch the asset at speed.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top