Oncology Global Clinical Development Scientist
GSK is expanding its oncology organization, and we are looking for experienced professionals to help us rebuild and grow our internal expertise! We have an exciting (and expanding) portfolio, and are looking for clinical scientists who have a wide breadth of oncology and clinical development experience. It's a wonderful time to join our team because we have many opportunities to lead global studies in Phases 1-3 in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell/gene therapy and epigenetics. Apply to learn more!
This role will support clinical study team members in the design and implementation of a clinical study, and maybe also be accountable for individual studies, as appropriate. This may include responsibility and accountability for the set-up, coordination, execution and/or delivery of one or more studies.
The role will:
- Support the delivery and quality of clinical studies by assisting with various study specific activities throughout the life of a study.
- Generate alternative solutions and perspectives at study and line level. Encourage others within matrix and line teams to seek alternative perspectives and develop solutions.
- Ensure compliance with ICH/GCP guidelines, all applicable laws and regulations, and GSK SOPs, for all products and services delivered for their designated studies.
- Support decisions which balance risk/benefit with clear understanding of impact on project; assist in taking action to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Proactively identify issues and propose strategies to manage implications and risks on clinical study/studies timelines, budgets and goals.
- Support study teams by assisting with management of study level budget.
- Collaborate with therapy aligned staff in other functions. Interact effectively across boundaries with other global functions using influencing and relationship-building skills.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree in a life science field or equivalent experience.
- Broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the clinical development process.
- Some knowledge of clinical operations/study management and essential regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to establish and build internal and external relationships at all levels in a highly dynamic and matrixed environment.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree (e.g. MS).
- Oncology experience.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top