Occupational Health Physician – Delaware Valley
- MD with board certification in a primary care or other relevant medical specialty.
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania or eligible to become licensed in PA.
- 3-5 years experience in employee health and/or primary care with an interest in employee health (residency training in occupational medicine qualifies as experience).
- Board certification in Preventive / Occupational Medicine
- Requires excellent communication skills, both written, oral and group presentation.
- Requires demonstrated leadership ability in order to help others achieve high performance.
- Demonstrated effective influencing skills
- Critical thinking skills.
- Systems-thinking and demonstrated ability to function effectively in a large, matrixed organization
Please Note: This role has the flexibility to be part-time (4 days per week) or full time (5 days per week).
The successful candidate for this role will contribute to Employee Health &Wellness (EH&W) strategy development and delivery in collaboration with EH&W team members, safety professionals, HR professionals and business leaders. This role will provide occupational medical director support to EH&W staff in the Delaware Valley (metropolitan Philadelphia). This may be expanded to other US sites as required. The Medical Director is accountable for delivery of occupational health services and business consultation on health and productivity matters.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver site based physician services and expertise to reduce or mitigate health risk, deliver regulatory compliance, and implement the EH&W strategy. This will include evaluation and treatment of occupational injury/illness, occupational health program management, project management, leading and managing nurses, nurse practitioners/physician assistants and other support staff.
- Provide physician oversight and medical directives for GSK nurses in accordance with applicable medical and nursing practice requirements.
- Provide consultation and leadership on population health, prevention, and employee health and wellbeing.
- Lead and inspire the Delaware Valley employee health team to deliver optimal performance.
- Identify and seek expertise from external sources when appropriate and understand best practice in service delivery and strategy development.
- Lead, and ensure delivery of significant projects to meet key business needs as agreed with the Lead, NA Health Shared Services.
- Deliver a flexible, customer focused approach to leadership and business support.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top