Occupational Health Adviser
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Nursing, plus RN
- Licensed to practice as a certified OHN in the US
- COHN or COHN-S (Certified Occupational Health Nurse certification)
- 3-5 years' experience working in the field of occupational health
- Experience providing nursing management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement health & wellness programs to reduce employee's overall health risks
- Experience leading both office-based and manufacturing ergonomic assessments and team
- Clear understanding of OSHA-mandated health surveillance programs and requirements not limited to: Hearing conservation, Bloodborne pathogens, Respiratory Protection, etc.
- Experience working within a highly regulated organization governed by cGMP requirements with attention to detail
- Experience in performing onsite spirometry and audiogram testing
- Provide medical review of risk assessments to determine any potential occupational hygiene impact
Ability and willingness to acquire license to practice in Montana within 3 months of hire
- Provides primary care including clinical nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis and management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, following current Nursing Guidelines and Medical Directives.
- Provides emergency medical response to designated areas in the facility during clinic hours. Management of OSHA and GSK regulated health monitoring programs including hearing conservation, respirator use, bloodborne pathogens, sensitizer, and other as determined by site management. This includes all related worker training, hazard communication and detailed awareness of occupational hygiene characterization of the work environment.
- Identifies employees with actual or potential occupational exposures, including chemical, biological and ergonomic, and determines the need for baseline and annual medical surveillance.
- Files work-related injury and illness claims with Broadspire, the Workers' Compensation carrier. Communicates with Broadspire Claims Managers to ensure a common understanding of the facts surrounding the incident and the motivation of the injured employee.
- Develop and implement an action plan for addressing the key health risks for the site. Development requires awareness and analysis of aggregate data from health risk appraisals, health benefits and disability claims, and injury and illness reports. Implementation requires excellent communication and organizational skills, and ability to manage health promotion activities.
- Establish and maintain the local physician relationships requires to meet nursing practice regulations and deliver optimal nursing & medical services at the site
- Case manages employees who are on medical restrictions, following the Employee Request for Accommodation procedure, with the goal of keeping employees productive at work while recovering. This involves collaboration with the Disability Case Management team, HR, medical providers, Broadspire and other key stakeholders.
- Liaises with other EHS staff by identifying trends in Occupational Injuries & Illnesses, ensuring resolution of unsafe conditions brought to Employee Health by injured employees, attendance at monthly and periodic Employee Health/EHS meetings, assisting with incident investigation as needed and supporting safety initiatives within the workplace.
- Provide support to other groups on site to complete workplace risk assessments
- Participates in work place ergonomic assessments as the lead of the site Ergonomic Improvement Team, ordering appropriate ergonomic tools and assistive devices as needed to support a healthy work environment.
- Serves as a health and well-being resource to all GSK employees who may make contact by phone, clinic presentation, email, attendance at health screenings or any other venue.
- Provides health care education designed to prevent injury and illness by promoting effective management of occupational and non-occupational health issues.
- Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records as mandated by HIPPA and GSK Medical Recordkeeping Policy. The role requires current knowledge of a changing regulatory environment including OSHA regulations and GSK requirements, US and MT state labor laws.
- The job holder requires substantial influencing skills in order to be successful. It will be necessary to influence health & safety behavior and decision making at the site level for the individual to drive and support a culture of health & safety.
This is a Part-Time position
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top