NB-Prospanica GSK - Supply Chain Manager
- Bachelor's Degree
- Supply chain related discipline, logistics, supply management, demand management, operational management
- Experience in multiple business cycles in either or both a Commercial Sales / Marketing / Demand Forecasting / Finance operation, or an end-to-end Supply Chain Planning role in a Pharmaceutical environment, preferably managing strategic therapies/brands/market
- Sound and in-depth understanding of Supply Chain Planning through either usage and/implementation of processes
- Supply Chain Professional Qualification
- The Supply Manager supports the US Supply and Demand Management Director in assembling a full view of Supply Chain Issue Management and Core Commercial Cycle processes and is responsible for the consultation and communication between LOCs and the Supply Chain Planning/Site Planning teams to ensure a consistent, clear direction on overcoming short-term supply chain issues (e.g. low stocks) and a consistent plan for delivering future supply chain changes.
- The Supply Manager is also responsible for the inventory position of the LOCs and the resulting supply replenishment plan with the Sites.
- This role will provide connectivity between the Pharma supply chains and the markets served within a Region.
- This role has the potential to become a full time position post SAP implementation in the Supply Management / Material Master area depending upon the needs of the business following Go-Live in March 2018.
Supply Manager (specific details for North America Pharma SC)
Supply Manager in NA also plays a key role in the consensus forecast process: key participant in Demand Review Meetings, agreeing demand, challenging abnormal demand, understanding key assumptions of the fcst as well as upsides/downsides, effectively communicating forecast changes/assumptions to GMS.
The Supply Manager is responsible for managing a catalogue of SKUs. Depending on the type of portfolio, the key responsibilities are:
- Support the Director to execute the Regional Performance Management (including analysis of stock-out/low-stock and impacts, KPI performance, root-causing and proposed mitigations, etc) and the S&OP process (including preparation and feedback loops to Commercial)
- Consult/communicate between LOC and the multiple Supply Chain Planning teams (Regional and Site) to highlight any on stock-out/low-stock situations. Contact/escalation for PMs and contact/escalation for SCP to allow a more detailed impact assessment and to support prioritization
- Consult and communicate between LOC / Demand Forecast Manager / SCP Manager / Regulatory across multiple 'change' processes with regards to timings, forecasts, order dates, and inventory impact
NPI (New Product Introduction)
New Product Sourcing
- Provide a regional response and co-ordination to special processes including Product Recall, Transfers, Divestment, and Discontinuation
- Be responsible for the execution of the agreed standard supply chain management processes in alignment with the agreed planning calendar
- Drive SCIM resolution through performance management, highlighting and resolving any supply issue at SCIM Level 1 and keeping Commercial stakeholders informed of status and progress. Escalate any unresolved issue to Supply Chain Director for resolution at SCIM (Supply Chain Issue Management) Level 2 & 3
- Be accountable for DRP parameters (Distribution Requirements Planning) including safety stock, lead time and MOQs (Minimum Order Quantity) to ensure proper production planning and inventory management are in place
- Be ambassador for change management and continuous improvement across the Supply Chain to drive collaboration and partnership
- Participate in DRM meetings – agree/challenge forecast, understand key forecast assumptions as well as upsides/downsides, effectively communicate forecast changes/assumptions to GMS in order to evaluate potential capacity constraints / challenges, etc
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top