National Account Manager - Pharmacy Wholesale
- Education: Commercial degree.
- 3-5 years work experience in FMCG and Consumer Healthcare Sales.
- At least 2 years experience in Management.
- Knowledge of Key Accounts and exposure to related fields e.g.. Trade Marketing / Marketing will be beneficial.
- Sound Customer Management knowledge.
- Knowledge of financial, advertising and structures by customer.
- Knowledge of pricing procedure, understanding of trading agreements .
- Comprehensive knowledge of GSK product range to facilitate optimal ranging within key accounts.
- Knowledge of key account operations through analysis of the customer's history, structure and business operations.
- Excellent understanding of business tools such as AC Nielsen and Power play.
Sets the overall account strategy to meet company objectives for the customer. Ensure the implementation of the account strategy with respect to price setting, rebates, key account promotions and advertising, product ranging and product listings.
This position holds responsibility for the meeting of company objectives including generation of sales volume, profit and market share objectives.
Responsible for + R220 mil annual sales turn over.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Develop the annual account strategy to meet overall company objectives of sales, profitability and market share.
Ensures the management of pricing and rebates relative to customer to ensure maximum performance relative to resources employed, and minimising the occurrence of pricing claims.
Ensures the planning of all pricing by account and the completion of a monthly pricing programme.
Manage the planning and implementation of promotional programmes through the setting up of co-operative broad plans, and the employment of PACP to ensure promotional slots are utilised and sales objectives met. Analysis of results obtained to ensure optimal return on investment.
Maintaining good ongoing strategic relationships with customers including National Buyers, National and Regional Operational Managers and Store Managers to ensure favourable trading relationships at top levels.
- Presenting quarterly business reviews to National Buyers reflecting account performance and identifying key opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Field Sales: product ranges need to be optimised at National / Regional level for sale at Store level; Set customer promotional programme at National / Regional level.
- Marketing: new product launches need to be listed at wholesale and retail level within required timelines; national advertising campaigns need to be carried through to the end consumer in a retail environment.
- Customer Services: National Accounts Management provide essential control and authority for management of Creditors.
- National Accounts manager provides a critical role in ensuring distribution of GSK products, with special attention to new product launches, into currently existing and new distribution channels. Co-operative advertising activity with the trade is playing an increasingly important role in the marketplace, and has a positive impact on the competitive position of GSK brands within the dynamic market environment.
Sound Customer Management knowledge.
Knowledge of financial, advertising and structures by customer.
Knowledge of pricing procedure, understanding of trading agreements .
Comprehensive knowledge of GSK product range to facilitate optimal ranging within key accounts.
Knowledge of key account operations through analysis of the customer's history, structure and business operations.
Excellent understanding of business tools such as AC Nielsen and Powerplay.
Ability to create, analyse and present business reviews including account growth values, performance by brand and item by region, and key market indicators, with the goal of identifying market and trade opportunities.
Use of key account performance indicators in account sales and promotion planning.
Strong decision making ability to take on opportunities quickly and make the appropriate decision under pressurised conditions.
Ability to innovate and conceptualise new promotional methods.
Procedures and standardised approaches govern the fundamental activities of this position but serve to provide parameters within which to operate (e.g. pricing, promotional spending).
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Preference will be given to candidates in line with the GSK SA and GSK Consumer Healthcare Equity Plan.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top