National Account Manager, Metcash
Business or Science
GlaxoSmithKline, producer of household-name brands such as Panadol, Voltaren, Macleans, Sensodyne and Coldrex, is one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, and is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Valuing people, innovation, accountability and performance achieved with integrity, GSK is truly an employer of choice!
We are currently looking for a National Account Manager to join a team of 11 and work on the implementation and execution of category and brand strategy for Independent Groceries/Metcash within Australia. This role requires a hands-on approach and an exceptional Account Manager, who take's ownership, provide solutions and can build on relationships with key stakeholder accounts to enable growth within MSO and Independent grocery groups.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of strategies and category Initiatives within Metcash and other key Independent Accounts to ensure sales revenue of a range of products
- Raising profile of GSK as a preferred supplier
- Provide management, mentoring and strategic guidance to deliver your customers' requirements
- Maintain and build relationships with all key accounts and develop joint business plan
- Ensuring trade spend for Independent Accounts is managed within budget
- Develop and implement key account plans & category growth
- Communicate with marketing & sales team of all key account activities, field implementation requirements and gain feedback to ensure applicable activities are developed, gain buy in and successful roll-out
- Cyclic activity reports of activities including results, growth and feedback for improvement to sales & marketing teams
- Monthly field visits
- Degree qualified (business or equivalent preferred)
- management and account management and exposure to MSO groups
- Must have significant exposure to the Independent Grocery channel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to move insight to action across a multifunction team
- Good level of interpersonal skills and exhibition of GSK values
- An understanding of account management, negotiation and the Australian retail market
- An understanding of category concepts and dynamics
If you want to work for a company with a true sense of purpose, find out what we have to offer!
Please note – GSK manages recruitment directly and applications via third party agencies will not be accepted
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top