National Account Director
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical experience with broad experience across the commercial business
- 3+ years of account management, sales management or product management experience
- MBA and/or advanced clinical/science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of successful payer account management experience
- Excellent negotiation and/or major account sales skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of the account planning process
- Payer contracting experience
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Payer marketing and/or contract management experience
- Deep knowledge of the managed care industry and healthcare trends.
- People management experience
- Understanding of the laws and regulations covering providers and payers
- Ability to apply Compliance Policies and Procedures (CPP) in unstructured and fluid situations
- Preferred candidate location is Eastern or Central US time zones.
The National Account Director will serve as GSK's lead contact with key national managed care organizations. This individual will be responsible for executing GSK's strategic positioning, delivering brand value propositions, negotiating profitable formulary access and effectively managing business relationships with key managed care customers.
Other core responsibilities include:
- Ensure broad, profitable formulary access for GSK products within select national managed care organizations.
- Develop and implement strategy to meet or exceed goals of GSK products for targeted accounts with a heavy focus on brand alignment, finance, and pull through in collaboration with Regional Accounts.
- Ensure rapid profitable access for launch products
- Create and maintain Strategic Account Plans
- Extend customer network within plan beyond the pharmacy department to areas crucial for the future strategic vision of healthcare delivery.
- Plan and execute joint business reviews with GSK leadership and National Plan Customers and leadership at least once per year.
- Detailed execution of data validation and contract reviews.
- Implement value-added programs intended to enhance the customer relationship
- Develop an extensive understanding of the customers' organizational goals in order to assess their needs and develop plans/programs to meet both the needs of the customer and those of GSK.
- Interface with Regional Accounts, Brand Payer Marketing and Contract Management and Operations to maximize product access and pull-through.
- Interface with Contract Management Operations to understand, develop Business Case Review in preparation for Contract Review Board and Governance including contract strategy and financial analysis.
- Interface with Contract Management Operations on contract terms & conditions understanding language intent and meaning and working with rebate analyst to determine accurateness of invoice.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the managed care industry and healthcare trends.
- Manage administrative requirements of the job
- Understand and apply Compliance Policies and Procedures (CPP)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Travel: Up to 60%
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top