MSL Expert-RESP-Beijing [Medical]
• Act as a field-based expert on designated disease(s) and should develop and maintain extensive knowledge on designated disease(s) to serve as a scientific resource.
• Act as expert speaker for key events.
• Regional Medical insight collection and communication to support medical / brand strategy.
• Content development to meet regional business needs.
• Work with central TA team on value generation and data dissemination.
• Engage in one to one scientific dialogue with external experts around GSK's medicines and vaccines, enabling them to confidently discuss our portfolio with patients and the wider medical community and ensuring they are knowledgeable in identifying the right patient for the most appropriate medicines and vaccines.
• Act as an expert speaker at promotional and scientific events to disseminate information to larger groups of healthcare providers while stimulating clinical dialogue to gain different views and perspectives.
• Respond to unsolicited requests for Medical Information from healthcare providers in a fair, factual, balanced, and scientifically rigorous manner via the appropriate and preferred channel.
• Act as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK medical team and its affiliates to bring in value-added insights that inform GSK Medical, Commercial, and Research & Development activities.
• Act as a role model demonstrating excellence and leadership in the MSL role both internally with matrix colleagues and externally with the healthcare community.
• Act as a coach for an agreed number of MSLs, working with them in the field with external experts to support their capability development.
• Act as a mentor to provide on the ground support and advice on topics such as: GSK ways of working, code of practice, GSK processes, MSL resources, decision-making, etc.
• Support the MSL Manager to drive the performance and capability of the overall MSL team.
• Be the team expert on all aspects of the MSL role including: process improvements and sharing of best practice.
• Contribute to the wider business by leading cross-functional projects and collaborations with matrix partners.
• Work with the office-based medical affairs team to bring the voice of the field-based MSL into strategy development and material creation.
• Foster a collaborative working relationship with Medical Representatives and Commercial colleagues.
• Partner with matrix colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access, etc.) to ensure strategies and business plans are both patient and business focused, and adding value to the external expert
• Disseminate important safety information to healthcare professionals as and when this emerges.
• Support GSK study teams with the provision of scientific education and enquiry management from investigators and staff engaged in GSK-supported clinical trials e.g. Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS).
• Provide scientific education training for business partners such as the Medical Representatives by being the local scientific expert for a medicine / vaccine or group of medicines / vaccines in a therapy area.
• Maintain a level of expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
• Attend scientific meetings and congresses to keep abreast of the evolving science in a therapy area and to confidently debate and discuss the science with external experts as presented at the meeting.
• Fully understand and comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
A. Educational Background List any academic or practical education that must be obtained to be qualified to perform this role.
• Higher degree in life sciences: PhD, MSc or equivalent
• Other professional healthcare provision qualification with experience (e.g. nurse practitioner, physician, surgeon, physiotherapist or pharmacist)
• A significant (e.g. 3 years) amount of pharmaceutical industry experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
• Master Degree in medicine / pharmacy.
• At least 5 years hospital + pharmaceutical industry experience in an external facing role
RECRUITER TO UPDATE
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top