MM Functional Consultant
- Bachelors Degree or higher.
- 3 full project lifecycles.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a must.
- SAP Certified in Procurement and Logistics Execution and Warehouse Management (SAP Certified Application Associate) is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Capable of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams, capable of building relationships across different stakeholders and functional groups.
- Solution oriented and problem solving.
- Dynamic, flexible, team player and result driven.
- SAP Certified Associate – Business Process Integration.
MM Functional Consultant
Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Based in GSK House, Brentford
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2017
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
Global ERP is driving the transformation of GSK's standard financial, commercial and manufacturing processes to a common SAP software platform, for around 80% of the organisation. We are responsible for delivering GSK's ERP strategy, focused on improving service, transforming the delivery model and simplifying processes.
Global ERP is part of Core Business Services (CBS), GSK's integrated cross-functional support services organisation. We are a 1,000-strong global organisation, working with many vendor partners, with main operations in the UK, US, Malaysia & India.
GSK had a large, established SAP landscape that consists of over 27,000 users across 9 landscapes. At the beginning of 2010, the GSK Executive team approved a major ERP implementation programme that will upgrade, standardise and extend the current landscape for its Commercial, Financial and Manufacturing users over the next four years.
GSK's ERP strategy is acknowledged to be one of the most ambitious, globally. Global ERP works with senior GSK business process owners to:
- standardise common processes to deliver consistent quality and efficiency in line with the CBS operating model, and to
- collaborate to deliver common data across business intelligence, end-to-end visibility across the supply chain and to drive Commercial and Pharmaceuticals collaboration.
Our ERP vision:
–Be more agile in integrating new business by driving standard ways of running our back office.
–Drive process improvement and simplification through global standard processes.
–Be more insightful in making business decisions through faster, easier access to quality information.
–Reduce the cost and complexity of compliance through standard controls.
–Be more cost effective and swifter with system upgrades.
–Simplifying and standardising ways of working and data.
–Build in scalability that enables 'core' ways of working by all sites.
–Implement a system that is sustainable and removes obsolescence risk.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role is in Supply Chain and Manufacturing Capability particularly MM Procurement and Materials Management. These are the key responsibilities of the role.
- Change and Major Activities
- Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of projects.
- Defines the solutions which need to be delivered within the different phases of projects to meet the business requirements
- Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered
2.Project Design and Deployment
- Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the template
- Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with the template
- Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the different solutions are realised
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent SAP functional knowledge
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
- Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
- Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
- Provides KT to Operations and other departments as required for Transition Management
- Develops SAP functional skills and knowledge as required
- Develops expertise in pharmaceuticals industry and business best practice
- Works with other functions within Global ERP to identify opportunities for process improvements and assists with the implementation of those agreed
- Works with colleagues in other areas to ensure new functionality is successfully integrated into Global ERP
- Considers solution alternatives before committing to action and develop alternative solutions or plans that best support business needs without compromising compliance
- Develops trusted relationships with team-members and customers alike and encourages others to openly express their thoughts and ideas
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
The benefits of working at GSK Global ERP include innovative projects, passionate people and a truly global business atmosphere.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2017
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact [email protected]
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top