Metrology Project Coordinator
- University degree or equivalent experience: Metrology, Science, Bio or chemical engineering, technical engineering or related field.
- Strong technical background in Calibration & Measurement (C&M) and maintenance processes. Minimum 2 years of experience in the required domain
- Knowledge in cGMP, calibration, ISO 17025, Bioscience, process engineering, quality systems
- Skills : Reliable individual with strong leadership, Highly effective communication skills, Fluent French, intermediate level for English (written and spoken), other languages are an asset, Ability to communicate at all levels and to work in a high complex matrix environment
- The SME Calibration is a Belgian sites expert for the calibration of the production measurement equipment/probe and for the MPU measurement team equipment. This expertise covers the calibration and reliability of equipments/instruments.
- He must know the use of this equipment/instruments in production processes.
The SME Calibration supports the units of GSK Vaccines Belgium (MPU, SPU, CQC, R & D): transversal and local analysis for general and specific problems.
- The SME Calibration defines the maintenance, metrology and validation strategies, develops and ensures the maintenance of the associated documentary system and ensures deployment on the Belgian sites.
- The SME Calibration masters the quality systems tools (deviation, change control, CAPA, inspections, quality governance ...); he works closely with the Maintenance, Validation and C&M Site System Managers (SSM) in the process of the System Effectiveness Review (SER) and transversal projects relating to his expertise area.
- For his expertise area, the SME is in charge of:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory / regulatory requirements and QMS standards and assess their potential impact on existing systems.
- Creating and interacting with LSPOCs to participate to GAP analysis against QMS standards (new or revised): evaluation and documentation of the "In Place" activities.
- To pull up the GAP / risks and resources required by the Quality Council to ensure the "In Use" activities.
- To establish and transmits an annual report for his expertise area based on KPI, deviations generated related to maintenance, validation and C & M activities by analyzing root causes.
- To carry out transversal assessments relating to his expertise area to verify the "In Use" (participate in transversal audits).
- To define and manage appropriate action plans.
- To define and manage his own documentary system. Write the procedures (LSOP, WKI, appendices) relating to his expertise area and update all related documents : checklists, e-Checklists, modification of TLE (Task List Equipment ) forms. He must ensure the applicability of these documents via his LSPOCs network.
- To manage and / or follow up of the Master Data's modifications linked to transversal projects (like procedures modifications, ...).
- To train staff on the release of a new version of these LSOP / WKI , coach qualifiers to the qualifications of the personnel related to these revisions.
- To introduce the LSOP / WKI to the authorities during inspections.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge and the sharing of good practices through his LSPOCs network.
- To define and transmit to users the criteria for replacement of the sensors, the standard life of the parts and / or equipment relating to his expertise area (obsolescence management).
- Define and manage appropriate action plans if necessary
- Conduct cross-evaluations of its field of expertise to check the "In Use"
- Identify and disseminate to users, criteria/sensor replacement strategy, the standard lifetime of parts and / or equipment for its equipment Family (obsolescence plan).
- Participate in the creation and/or supplying a catalog listing the major brands and models of equipment meet the requirements / specifications of Vaccines GSK Belgium in terms of performance, total cost (purchase, qualification, maintenance, replacement costs and spare parts,...) and ease and possibility of maintenance and calibration.
- Set / select with the procurement service providers meet the required GSK Vaccines under transversal contracts (if applicable and if required).
- As a measurement method referent, provide support to SME Equipment's, C&M Teams, technical engineers GSK or Contingents in Vaccines Belgium units to create or review methods.
- Be active in the network of LSPOC calibration & measurement within MPU/SPU, as a vehicle to share and agree on best practices, lead knowledge management of experts within technical teams.
- Built capabilities of people involved in calibration & measurement through mentoring and coaching.
- Define and validate technical content of each support troubleshooting request with the different MPU.
- Provide adequate support for field inspections and follow-up of all remediation activities to retrieve the necessary information to update the specifications and capture the lessons learned with final accountability for the performance and reliability of these systems.
- Act as Expert in his domain of competence on Internal and External Audit.
- Master the quality systems (deviation, RPC, CAPA, inspections, quality governance…).
- Conduct cross-evaluations of its field of expertise to check the "In Use" (participate in cross-audits).
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top