Medical Scientific Liaison
Primary Objective of Position:
- Deliver 'in-the-field' scientific engagement with healthcare professionals to provide scientific and medical information compliantly in line with GSK standard operating procedures and local codes of practice, guidelines and laws
- To gain valuable insight and feedback from the healthcare community on GSK products and services, medical and scientific information which can help guide research, development and service provision to benefit GSK's customers and patients
- Support internal stakeholder training, namely the sales force.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Be the scientific expert for group of medicines in Neuroscience area (Epilepsy and Parkinson's disease)
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the therapy area and a deep appreciation of the science and evidence for GSK medicines and other non-GSK treatment options in the therapy area.
- Act as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK medical team and its affiliates providing value-added insights and feedback from the community designed to improve medical, commercial and drug development planning and service provision.
- Fully understand and always meet the requirements in the GSK Standards for Scientific Engagement (POL-GSK-002 and STD-GSK-002), External Interactions by Medical and R&D Staff (STD-GSKF-415) and, where relevant to promotional activities, the GSK Code of Practice for Promotion and Customer Interactions (STD-GSK-401).
- Fully understand and comply with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met particularly with respect to delivery of promotional verses non-promotional information.
- Respond compliantly to unsolicited information requests from healthcare professionals and associated individuals regarding licensed or un-licensed GSK medicines and indications; ensure all medical information responses are factual, fair and balanced, scientifically rigorous and strictly comply with local regulations.
- Disseminate important safety information to the healthcare profession as directed by the Medical Affairs or Research and Development teams or the Dear Healthcare Provider Letter (DHPL) process.
- Assist the medical team in the identification of external experts within the therapy area and geography.
- Support GSK study teams with the provision of scientific education and enquiry management from investigators and staff engaged in GSK-supported clinical trials e.g. Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS).
- Provide scientific education training for business partners such as the Medical Representatives.
Experience / Knowledge / Technical Skills Required:
- Education: Higher degree in life sciences: MPharm, PharmD, PhD, MSc or equivalent, MD, MBBS, AND/OR other professional healthcare provision qualification with experience (e.g. Physician, surgeon, physiotherapist or pharmacist)
- Experience (industrial or academic ) in neuroscience is a plus
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas.
- Experience in evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine.
Key Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas
- Experience evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine
- Strong scientific communication and presentation skills
- Strong academic background having participated in, or led research projects and authored publications; Demonstrated strong communication skills such as presenting at national or international congresses or strong history of previous working with external experts.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top