Medical Science Liaison- ViiV
ViiV Healthcare are looking for a Queensland based Medical Science Liaison to join our highly engaged and passionate team in this newly created role. Reporting into the Medical Director for ViiV, the role will play a critical part in engaging with key HIV specialists to evaluate and share scientific research and provide education support.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include
• Building and developing relationships with external experts & health care professionals in the HIV field and participating in robust and transparent scientific dialogue.
• Responding to requests for scientific and medical information in a comprehensive, timely and customer focused manner.
• Facilitating promotional presentations to HIV HCPs.
• Providing medical input and expertise into the development of marketing strategy, promotional campaigns and collateral.
• Expanding your knowledge in HIV pharmacology, drug development, medicines regulation, pharmacoeconomics, and drug safety.
• Continuing to develop and build an in-depth knowledge of the science and evidence relating to medicines, devices and other treatment options within the HIV area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Post graduate experience and/or qualification relevant to HIV
• Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and relay complex scientific information.
• Comfort and confidence presenting to groups.
• Proven ability to work in cross functional teams
• Experience in a MSL role including new medicine/indication launch experience (preferred)
• Understanding of Australian medical practice, MA Code requirements, local regulatory and reimbursement environment
• Ability to direct local medical projects and work in partnership with commercial colleagues
Most of all you should be passionate about working within a highly specialised business area that connects directly with medical professionals of all levels who have the patient as the core focus of everything they do.
Post graduate experience and/or qualification relevant to HIV
PHD or MD qualification
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company established to deliver advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV. Established in 2009 through a unique partnership between GSK and Pfizer, ViiV Healthcare combines the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, who joined in 2012 following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors.
Our aim as an organisation is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a new approach to delivering effective and new HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top